Shock collars

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am getting the tri tonics sport pro by garmin when I get the new pup in April as long as the corona don’t get me

★ Legendary Member
Dogtra T/B have had it for 9yrs no issues...love the beep to help locate dog in deep cover. I use the beep with my GSP to keep him in range as well. Not that I'm trying to tell you how to train your dog��

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Garmin Alpha. The GPS is mostly why I went that way. The rest of the system is mehh for ergonomics, accessories (holsters, etc) and accuracy of the GPS. There are times the dog is a solid 100 - 400 yds away from where the gps places him. The use of a touch screen really can slow your getting in touch with the dog.

Then again, I mostly bought this system to help train him to stick around the yard. That is one thing I hate about my place, a full speed road is at the end of the driveway.

I say all that and if it breaks tomorrow I will go with it again unless there's some new competitor with a hunting collar with gps. It is going on 6 yrs and the batteries are holding up so far.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use voice, hand signals and a whistle. I’m asking about a shock collar, not about how to train my dog.

cocky.png

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm thinking about changing mine up. I took mine out last year and forgot to charge it at home, so I tried charging it in the truck with and it quit working. So I took it apart and put it back together, and it worked again. I've done this three times now. Not sure what the heck but it's annoying that I can't charge mine in the truck...

I have the Garmin Delta XC BTW...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use voice, hand signals and a whistle. I’m asking about a shock collar, not about how to train my dog.

LMAO.. I've only walked a few tree belts with whistle trained dogs. Most annoying walks hunting I can remember. Constantly tweet tweet tweet, then them dogs got on scent not chased them mphers all to the end lol. Then running back they were chasing some back at us and Mr cool guy tweeter couldn't hit shiit lol.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've got tri tronics by garmin, can't remember for sure if it is sport pro, but if I remember correctly pro was in the name. I've had it for probably 8 or 9 years and it has worked great. The transmitter is a bit large. It has a function to create a beep whenever you want, so if dogs are in heavy cover you can manually push it, but don't have to listen to a constant beeping. Also, I hardly ever have to shock my dog because if I beep them, they know whats next...also has a really bright light that you can turn on, which I thought I would never use, but when letting the dogs out at night I can see where they are, and it has came in handy as a flashlight as well on a couple occasions...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
LMAO.. I've only walked a few tree belts with whistle trained dogs. Most annoying walks hunting I can remember. Constantly tweet tweet tweet, then them dogs got on scent not chased them mphers all to the end lol. Then running back they were chasing some back at us and Mr cool guy tweeter couldn't hit shiit lol.

Not the fault of the dog nor the whistle if the dog wasn't trained worth a shit to begin with.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
True, but certain breeds aren't bread to stay in range but bread to range way out and then stop and point. Tougher to keep them in shotgun range for pheasants. This guy was a clown and needed that whistle shoved up his azz.. I also walked with some properly trained dogs that were ok. Still annoying but I didn't here them blowing it as much.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make sure you get one with tone. I trained my latest to slam on the breaks when I hit the tone. I usually just talk to him close, but if he gets rangy, the tone stops him without screaming or a whistle. Flushing dog, BTW.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
True, but certain breeds aren't bread to stay in range but bread to range way out and then stop and point. Tougher to keep them in shotgun range for pheasants. This guy was a clown and needed that whistle shoved up his azz.. I also walked with some properly trained dogs that were ok. Still annoying but I didn't here them blowing it as much.

k6mo2ayndd031.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76