Lock Downs....

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, lets here what your employer is implementing standards for the so called 'social distancing' in the work place.

There are two of us working our warehouse, IMO, there isn't enough workload for two full time employee's, only reason employer wants 2 employee is to have one cover for the other for reason of getting sick, vacation, etc. I was the first hired manned the warehouse all by myself for about 3 months, went through 4 peeps, I'm currently on my 5th 'helper', he has taken more PTO days of than I have in my 2+ yrs of employment here, I"m always covering for him, which is opposite to what the company had in mind, he's suppose to covering for me. In my opinion, he abuses the PTO badly.

Anyways, company has us on rotating weeks, i started this week, next week the other guy holds the fort, the week after I come back, etc...doing this for 4 weeks. I actually like working by myself, I get shit done....lol

With oil hitting bottom price and this dang virus, Company sent email saying the are hunkering down and cutting expenditures till things turn around.

Boone Caudill

Our office is open, but I'm working from home as the kids are here as well. My company has us set up electronically that I can be as close to efficient as possible, given i have two under the age of 11 running around.

Hopefully this doesn't last too long...........

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Normal. I do foresee a lot more "shelter in place" orders coming out of states in the not so distant future. WHO knows...

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My job deals mainly with public safety and my wife's job deals with manufacturing of agriculture equipment. Both of our jobs are consider essential businesses so we are both working. Hell we are actually getting some overtime. We are really lucky that our daycare is still open. But if our daycare does close we both have jobs that are very understanding so we won't have a problem taking work off to stay home with our son. I know a lot of people are out of work without pay right now so my wife and I are blessed to still be working.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife and I both start working at home next week. Along with 3 kids stuck at home, it should be interesting. At least the weather looks decent so they can spend a lot of time outside.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Employees in electrical generation have been asked to stay in State. If you cannot......you may be asked to self quarantine 14 days at home.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
At work we are strongly encouraged to not travel out of our home areas. I’m willing to bet if things don’t start getting better the healthy ones will have to stay on mine site and not leave.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm retired so my day hasn't changed other than I don't go out very often. Am very tired of watching the news. Wonder if anything other than the coronavirus is happening in the world. It's necessary to keep informed but also very tiring.

I'm older and that should allow me to be a little crotchety at times. Am frustrated with the number of people, lots of them the younger generation, don't seem to take this very seriously. Seem to think this won't affect me so why should I change what I'm doing. We will get through this but it's going to take time and lots of cooperation from everyone.

This does not mean people can't go to work. There are essential jobs that need to continue. Working wisely and safely is the key..

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Normal for now but if anyone is sick or thinks they may have been exposed they are required to stay home.

Redneck1

I'm dissapointed that the Gov, announced Bar & Restraunt closures yesterday to start effective today. Why not announce that businesses will be ordered to close starting on Monday 23 March, and permit some transitional time period for people to go out and spend money at the businesses this weekend knowing that the closure will start on Monday. People would spend money which in turn would help the businesses prior to lock down. Would a few more days really matter in N.D. ?? Also the schools were closed a week too early. They should have announced the schools would be closing starting in a week not announcing last Sun eve that they will be closed the very next frickin day. The parents and schools needed a transitional week to prepare, and now the schools are delaying the start if Distance Learning another additional week cuz theyre not prepared. This is N.D. not New York or San Fran. I guess we can all go fishn now, but t nothings biting anywhere.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mama's idea of "social distancing" still allows for happy endings. After that I don't much give a damn.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
My entire company started working from home this week, other than occasionally one person in the office to get a few things done like get mail and deposit checks. This is the first time in my life I have worked from home, pretty damn nice to be honest. An hour more of sleep, all day pellet grill smokes while “working”, shitting on company time on your home pot...the list goes on. And to be honest I’m more efficient while working because there are no distractions.

The workplace will be forever changed by this, literally everyone across the country I’ve talked to this week is at home. Now that companies have been forced into this and realize it works fine there is no going back.

Last edited:

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not much has changed for me except having to keep my new 3 and 6 year old co-workers on task since I work from home anyway.

I’m hoping one thing that comes from this is corporate America realizes we really don’t need to spend 40 hours in an office to get the job done.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
At home since noon. Wanking it on the corporate dime is bliss

3geese4me

Honored Member
Employees in electrical generation have been asked to stay in State. If you cannot......you may be asked to self quarantine 14 days at home.

I work in the electrical trade and my boss asked for us to hold off on out of state vacations/fishing trips for the time being, also. We have a couple projects starting up soon and cant afford any delays right now.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm testing people for the virus. Wish I was fishing or riding my bike but the weather has sucked. So there's that too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67