Transducer Placement

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought a Helix 7, just looking into mounting the side imaging transducer. Looked over youtube and humminbird's info quite a bit - just wondering if anyone has pictures of how theirs is mounted. Seems as though quite a few of the pictures I've seen show the transducer hanging below the bottom of the boat and this seems a little low as I won't be using this transducer for on-plane readings.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Gen 9 Lowrance has the high speed and separate side /down image I followed the instructions in book for mounting works good looked at mine is a hair lower. This new tech is amazing considering what I started with 30 plus years ago

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought a Helix 7, just looking into mounting the side imaging transducer. Looked over youtube and humminbird's info quite a bit - just wondering if anyone has pictures of how theirs is mounted. Seems as though quite a few of the pictures I've seen show the transducer hanging below the bottom of the boat and this seems a little low as I won't be using this transducer for on-plane readings.

Are you going to be running two transducers (SI plus 2D/high speed)? This is what I have setup and the SI transducer is above the bottom of the boat while the 2D/high speed transducer is slightly below. SI/Di don't work well while on plane so I have it higher to give it a little protection. The 2D/high speed transducer needs is at a level where I can still pickup bottom while on plane. This means its just about level with the bottom of the boat so it can skim the surface. Takes some tweaking to get this just right.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is factory install on my Helix 7.

KIMG0045.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

KIMG0044.jpg

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the insight guys. I too would have asked if that setup gives you interference as the info I've seen gives the impression it would.
[MENTION=708]gone_fishing[/MENTION], yes I'll be running two transducers as you describe.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77