Non Resident license reduction time for fishing? hunting?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
With other states more infected than ours, is this the time to limit/reduce/eliminate non res licensing this year? and go.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The restaurants and bars have already taken a beating. Some may not survive. This corona stupidity will blow over, and when it does, I don't think further limiting potential customers to these already beleaguered businesses by excluding hunters would be a good move right now.

Aucker33

Established Member
With other states more infected than ours, is this the time to limit/reduce/eliminate non res licensing this year? and go.

There was a question asked to the governor about this yesterday during his press conference. He said they haven't thought about it but would get with G&F to discuss non resident fishing.

Bob Erfish

Honored Member
Think of all the people from the Minneapolis area that flock to devil's lake in the spring for fishing. would it really be a horrible idea to try and protect communities like that? Restaurants are already down to take out only, I don't think non-resident fisherman are going to make or break them.
Minnesota doesn't even want there own residents fishing the rainy river this spring, why would we want them here? Not saying I'm right or wrong, just my opinion. These are hard decisions for politicians to make

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow. I purchase a ND NR license every year to fish with family and friends. I can't imagine having this taken away. I spend a lot of $ in ND as well, sply when I fish in the Dakota Waters Walleye tourney.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spend 5 to 6 months at Metigoshe. Do not tell me that I cannot fish!

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nah. Get outside, enjoy the fresh air and respect the distances you should already be keeping while fishing.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All non-res. must bring gifts of trade. Not beads or pretty cloth but TP and hand santi.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member

The way I see it is, you don't like out of state hunters and using your own personal agenda to stir the pot.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
The way I see it is, you don't like out of state hunters and using your own personal agenda to stir the pot.

ahhh,.. you are incorrect. I was just bringing it up on a public forum for discussion as it has been mentioned and also about requesting returning snow birds self quarantine for 14 days upon returning. Figured this is a good place to discuss.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
This would be a good time to institute some real draconian invasive species measures that mirror or even exceed what WY does
[FONT=&quot]
• Any watercraft transported into Wyoming from [/FONT]
March 1 through November 30[FONT=&quot] must undergo a [/FONT]mandatory inspection[FONT=&quot] by an authorized inspector prior to launching. Any watercraft that has been in a water infested with zebra/quagga mussels within the last 30 days is required to undergo a [/FONT]mandatory inspection[FONT=&quot] by an authorized inspector prior to launching [/FONT]during ALL months of the year[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any person transporting a watercraft who did not encounter a mandatory aquatic invasive species check station prior to reaching a water of the state may launch without further inspection if the watercraft has a properly affixed seal applied by an authorized inspector and is accompanied by a valid seal receipt during transit. The person transporting the watercraft may remove the seal immediately prior to launching on the destination water and must retain the seal and valid seal receipt while on the water.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Information on inspection locations in other states where you may be able to get your watercraft inspected and sealed [/FONT]before[FONT=&quot] transport into Wyoming is below:[/FONT]

Colorado Mandatory Boat Inspections
Oregon Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention

[FONT=&quot]• Any watercraft that HAS BEEN in a water infested with zebra/quagga mussels within the last 30 days, is required to undergo a [/FONT]mandatory inspection[FONT=&quot] by an authorized inspector prior to launching [/FONT]during ALL months of the year[FONT=&quot]. Waters positive for AIS are often posted at boat ramps and launches. A list of waters suspect or positive for invasive mussels and other information is available here ([/FONT]Suspect or Positive Waters[FONT=&quot])[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]• Any watercraft transported into Wyoming from December 1 through the last day of February that HAS NOT been in a water infested with zebra/quagga mussel within the past thirty (30) days [/FONT]and[FONT=&quot] did not encounter a mandatory aquatic invasive species check station prior to reaching a water of the state, may launch without a mandatory inspection.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]• Boat Inspections: All boaters must stop at established check stations. Check stations are established at ports of entry, border locations, or at boat ramps and are set up to ensure watercraft are clean, drained, and dry before launching. Inspections are also available at WGFD Regional Offices during normal business hours.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]• All watercraft must have a valid Wyoming AIS decal before boating on any waters of the state. Decals are available online, at regional offices, and at automated license vendors.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]• All visible vegetation must be removed from a watercraft/trailer once it leaves the water. Boaters must drain all water from watercraft, including all compartments, after leaving a water. All bilge/ballast/live well plugs must be removed from the watercraft while transported by land in the state.[/FONT]

Limit the number of licenses, no, I'd not support that.

Mandatory checkpoints entering and leaving I'd be 100% in favor of.

Bob Erfish

Honored Member
The main problem with check points is that a lot of people spreading the virus are not showing symptoms yet, so for a check point to be beneficial you’d have to sit there until your corona virus testing kit came back from the lab.

I think it would be very hypocritical of the state to tell the snow birds to isolate for 14 days but deem it totally ok for travelers to come in and not.
I really hope North Dakota can avoid a huge spread of this shit

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The main problem with check points is that a lot of people spreading the virus are not showing symptoms yet, so for a check point to be beneficial you’d have to sit there until your corona virus testing kit came back from the lab.

I think it would be very hypocritical of the state to tell the snow birds to isolate for 14 days but deem it totally ok for travelers to come in and not.
I really hope North Dakota can avoid a huge spread of this shit

The checkpoints are for checking incoming/outgoing watercraft for invasive species and ensuring possession limits are being followed. It has nothing to do with CV-19.

Regarding moving around all over the US, we still live in a relatively free country. I'm not about to tell folks they cannot travel, especially to get back "home". Do your best to reduce your exposure as well as reduce passing on anything you've got to others. Ultimately, no matter how many rules, restrictions, and laws are put in place, sooner or later, one has to take responsibility for their own actions.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is all so screwed up. Let’s close the schools but leave daycares open. Don’t travel anywhere but let all the snowbirds come back from more infected areas. It’s ok to let people in from all over the country as long as they are hunting or fishing. Where will these people stay and eat and everything else when you are away from home. Either this is bad and we do everything possible to stop the spread or it’s not and we open everything up. One thing I’ve learned is doing things half assed gets you no where.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is all so screwed up. Let’s close the schools but leave daycares open. Don’t travel anywhere but let all the snowbirds come back from more infected areas. It’s ok to let people in from all over the country as long as they are hunting or fishing. Where will these people stay and eat and everything else when you are away from home. Either this is bad and we do everything possible to stop the spread or it’s not and we open everything up. One thing I’ve learned is doing things half assed gets you no where.

This guy gets it

pR2OJRFTr4Bevycser8udgOOIJUKzUnCx9hefwUnJH4.jpg

Bob Erfish

Honored Member
There you have it, if you are returning to your house in North Dakota please quarantine for 14 days, if your coming from an infected area to fish you’re all good, just Try to stay 6’ away. For those with common sense it’s hard to imagine why one group would have quarantine and fill out a travel survey and another group is welcome with open arms, no restrictions

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76