Devils lake ice

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes lots of people out today. Long poles fishin next to guys staring down their holes at the bridges

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i thought it was done 3 weeks ago the ice i saw wasnt good at all

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks REALLY ugly nearly all shoreline areas. Larger sheets look awfully dark.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went fishing for a couple hours this afternoon...ice at Foss bridge area is getting soft under foot. Everyone was walking on. Saw one of those wilcraft units go by and you could almost see the ice move behind him when he went by..bout a foot thick but deteriating rapidly. I counted 47 parked trucks on the side of the highway. My ice season is done...it will be interesting if any of those folks give it a go this weekend.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went fishing for a couple hours this afternoon...ice at Foss bridge area is getting soft under foot. Everyone was walking on. Saw one of those wilcraft units go by and you could almost see the ice move behind him when he went by..bout a foot thick but deteriating rapidly. I counted 47 parked trucks on the side of the highway. My ice season is done...it will be interesting if any of those folks give it a go this weekend.

Did you catch enough for supper ?

- - - Updated - - -

They are heading in and going to miss the best bite of the day. Although if they haven't caught a walleye yet there is a good chance they wouldn't if they had stayed.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
We long poled it all day. Then walked out by my rental at 330. If walking, or maybe even ATV, I think you should be good until mid week. If walking, till next week for sure. There was a guy in a portable in the middle of pelican north of the bridge today. Personally, I think it's too cold for long poles yet. But, I heard channel a was good Monday. Wasn't too good today tho.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you catch enough for supper ?

- - - Updated - - -

They are heading in and going to miss the best bite of the day. Although if they haven't caught a walleye yet there is a good chance they wouldn't if they had stayed.

Maybe..lol. Wish I could have stayed longer to complete my limit but life gets in the way sometimes. Very fortunate to live in this neck of the woods to be able to fish within about 5-10 minutes of leaving town..do a little bit of fishing and head home back to reality. Thought I would need the ice cleats..and although I had them on...really didn't need them as ice was not hard and slippery at all... soft and spongy..stay safe out there ppl!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76