1. Back To Top    #21
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,457
    Given: 2,670
    Put your phone in a ziplock bag while recording video, hook bag to your jig and toss it down the hole, move it around a bit and reel it up and watch the video, tada! Saved you $600...

1 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #22
    Silver Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 127
    https://www.amazon.com/Eyoyo-Portabl...p?ie=UTF8&th=1

anyone ever use or see one of these in person? seems like a good deal and good reviews

0 Not allowed!

3. Back To Top    #23
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,347
    Given: 473
    Classifieds
    My kids want graphs - and they want the camera--- shortest straw in the fish house draws the vex.

Last year i had a buddy along with a 26 -- he shut it off and threw it in the corner that along with and took over my daughters cam and took one of my basic spring bobbers and stuck it on his custom rod.

Fishing crappies -- if you did not have a cam -- you were not catching ---- vex all you were doing is setting your hook on nothing you knew a fish was down by your jig and that was all. The lips were so precise and gentle (mid January) that you had a hell of a time -- the spring would not even move 90% of the time-- i had the lightest spring known to man. Cam showed everthing ---- if my kids are along i use the cam.

Imo -- for that kind of coin - get the helix 5 and a vs485C mARCUM --- I am probably going buy the helix ala carte and connect it to a some homemade box to stay under the $600.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BotnoJoe View Post

anyone ever use or see one of these in person? seems like a good deal and good reviews
    i wouldnt doubt its a decent cam --- remeber all these cams are made over their anyway

2 Not allowed!

4. Back To Top    #24
    Silver Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up

also noticed the 7" screen model is $117 dollars, amazon has a $10 coupon for this right now. Think I just convinced myself to try it out for the price

7" model for $107 does not have DVR, 9" model ($166) does have DVR

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by BotnoJoe; 12-03-2018 at 02:21 PM.

5. Back To Top    #25
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,847
    Given: 4,951
    Classifieds

The cartoon pictures they use gave me a chuckle. Might not be a bad unit though for that price and the limited amount some might use them because of water clarity, I know most places I fish are not very camera friendly but when you can get use out of one they are so fun to use.

1 Not allowed!

6. Back To Top    #26
    Silver Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by luvcatchingbass View Post
    The cartoon pictures they use gave me a chuckle. Might not be a bad unit though for that price and the limited amount some might use them because of water clarity, I know most places I fish are not very camera friendly but when you can get use out of one they are so fun to use.
    haha the pictures and grammar made me laugh a bit too. I ended up ordering the $130 7" model with higher resolution and supposedly a brighter screen. got a 3 year accidental damage protection plan for an additional $10 and a camera panner for $26 . Will try to remember to post a review after I use it a few times, in case anyone is interested.

3 Not allowed!

7. Back To Top    #27
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,174
    Given: 2,264
    Classifieds
    haha the pictures and grammar made me laugh a bit too. I ended up ordering the $130 7" model with higher resolution and supposedly a brighter screen. got a 3 year accidental damage protection plan for an additional $10 and a camera panner for $26 . Will try to remember to post a review after I use it a few times, in case anyone is interested.
    I hope you rove it rong time

2 Not allowed!

8. Back To Top    #28
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,470
    Given: 11,053
    Classifieds
    【SPECIAL FISH SHAPE AND SILVER COLOR DESIGN】: This unique design will not disturb the fish, it can Lure the fish close to.

How can you miss with a feature like that?

You must post a video review. Plz plz plz.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought one of the cheap yellow "camera only" to replace my boat's AquaVu camera (which I watch with Lowrance graph)

It literally fell apart on the drive to the lake. I was all excited, looked into the box I had it in, and there were little yellow plastic fragments of camera housing laying all over in the box. Bizzare and unexpected cuz they should have plastic down pat by now.

Took me six back/forth emails (Ebay) to get my asian friend to refund me my money.

- - - Updated - - -

1 Not allowed!
    True freedom is not the ability to do whatever one wants or as one pleases without restraint, rather, true freedom is the ability to do what one ought to do.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,347
    Given: 473
    Classifieds
    Just for the "brand" of things ---- every bit of advertising has been thrown at one since one takes its first breath --- brand name brand name

I see it on here so many times and i see it in my kids --- take a chance because --- lets face it marketing is marketing - R and D is where its all at.

--- I bought a mi fit (back to that story later) ------its made by xiaomi --- -- chinese company --- Xiaomi first built a smart phone in 2011, now the 4th largest smartphone manufacturer.

Fit bit vs Mi Fit --- hands down Fit bit doesnt even come close. Mi - i dont remember 6 meters or something like that -- i took it to 20meters underwater by accident. I dropped it outside -- froze in ice covered under snow (got shoveled off to the side ). I knew it was somewhere close as it stayed paired to my phone for 20 days. The battery lasts 30 days. The accuracy - is just as good. Battery is 200X what fit bit has. Fit Bit is a over marketed POS.

Moral of the story -- one never knows -- guy had problems with his china purchase --- but sometimes they are a gem.

i also bought some stock too. Low price --- once Verizon is forced to allow them in --- Game over.

- - - Updated - - -

price -- $20 vs $149 fit bit.

3 Not allowed!

10. Back To Top    #30
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,513
    Given: 36
    Nothing wrong with a refurbished fl-18. I have never owned a camera as Fish get tangled in the cord.

0 Not allowed!

11. Back To Top    #31
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,579
    Given: 14,143
    Classifieds

Owner Post Founder Of Nodak Angler | Community Owner Response

I use the cheap Chi-Chi action cameras, and have had good luck. If you want to talk about overpriced, and over marketed, look at GoPro.

2 Not allowed!

12. Back To Top    #32
    Premium Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 363
    Given: 290
    Quote Originally Posted by Enslow View Post
    Nothing wrong with a refurbished fl-18. I have never owned a camera as Fish get tangled in the cord.
    Cut a different hole for the camera.

Just a problem solver over here folks!

4 Not allowed!
    We all saw Bambi die.....we got over it

13. Back To Top    #33
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,513
    Given: 36
    Every time someone comes fishing with a camera it’s sausage finger fiddling galore and they don’t catch em.

3 Not allowed!

14. Back To Top    #34
    Silver Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    well now I am laughing at the comments and also a little worried after hearing about guywhofishes experience. Hoping for the best and keeping my expectations low!

2 Not allowed!

15. Back To Top    #35

16. Back To Top    #36
    VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,847
    Given: 4,951
    Classifieds
    well now I am laughing at the comments and also a little worried after hearing about guywhofishes experience. Hoping for the best and keeping my expectations low!
    Just bring a supply of gorilla glue and tape and you should be fine. Whats the worse that can happen

0 Not allowed!

17. Back To Top    #37
    VIP Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 858
    Given: 270
    Grandson bought a Marcum a couple years ago. Agree with everyone that water clarity is essential to use the camera. It can also help catch fish as you can see what the fish are doing. Light bites that you don't feel or see are the main thing in seeing. Sometimes all you see is your lure disappear, fish doesn't move, just suck the lure in. In cloudy water they are useless as mentioned. In some lakes you can see fish 10' away, then they are great. When you can't see a fish a foot away, they are frustrating. I have had my Vexilar FL-8 for about 20 years at least. I think I'm on my 3rd battery, no other problems. I do recommend drilling a separate hole for the camera. It's also interesting when a northern swims up and tries to eat the camera. Never had one successful but a real big one could easily fit it in their mouth.

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12