This is for all the school teachers.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That was good for a laugh. And in all my years in education, 30+, some of that was true. But those types of students were in a very small minority. Most students and parents were very easy to deal with. I have often thought that in my experience there are not a handful of students I don't care if I ever see again. There are a whole lot of students who I occasionally had to have a meeting with to discuss their behavior that turned into good productive adults.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Being that i am and old crippled Geezer, i will tell you that back in the day if i pulled anything in school and got caught, i got an azz chewing from the teacher or teachers and usually some sort of punishment and I would hope they didn't call my folks because if they did i got it a heck of a lot worse when i got home! I would get asked at home if i did what they said i did and i had better answer honestly or all hell would come down on me. If i confirmed that i did do it i would get a lecture and then the belt would come out and it got used too!
Some might think this was harsh punishment getting a belt used on your behind but it certainly didn't kill me and i definitely learned from my mistakes! I look back on it and i definitely deserved every spanking i got that is for sure.
I wish my parents were still around to this day but they have longed passed and i miss them dearly. May they rest in peace!

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
BBJ, Yup I was in a one room country school house and had a man teacher for my first grade teacher who taught all 8 grades all I had to do was watch and make mental notes. Good education also.

Retired Educator, You taught ND smart and ND nice. THX!

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with RE. I'm finishing my 23rd year as a teacher. 98% of kids I have taught were/are great. 1% just needed a little more love and guidance and 1% were just evil!;) The biggest obstacle as a teacher now days is that we often dont just teach the ABCs and 123s. We have to teach social skills, character and behaviors.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
That sounds too easy. You should challenge yourself and come teach on the rez. We always have a few jobs open lol

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That sounds too easy. You should challenge yourself and come teach on the rez. We always have a few jobs open lol

Didn't teach on a rez school but nearby. Our student population was 43% NA. In all honesty the % or problems was not influenced by race. Parental guidance or lack of is probably the biggest issue.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55