Evergreens around Jamestown

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking to get some evergreens planted in a lot just north of Jamestown. I'm thinking around 30 or so. Not sure if I will go with 12-18" or go with something a little taller, maybe 3ft. It all depends on prices. Im basically just looking for people around the area that have them for sale so I can get pricing and such.

Dubbs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Utilize your local soil conservation district. Conservation grade is $2/tree or $1.80/tree when purchased in bundles of 25. They also plant trees and install weed barrier fabric for $1/ linear foot. Much more cost effective route compared to purchasing tall stock evergreens.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe contact Jerry's Tree Service. If doesn't have, may steer in right direction or as Dubbs said.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also you may want to drive around and find places where there are healthy trees that are planted too close together. Often people and soil conservation will plant more closely than necessary and when the trees start to grow into each other, its not really healthy for the trees and it looks bad. If you can find someone that has a situation like this, they might be willing to give you the trees if you are willing to rent a tree mover and move them yourself. Ive seen people get thousands of dollars worth of trees like this by paying $500 for a tree mover for a day....

Last edited:

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talk to the game and fish office. There on the north side of Jamestown. They sometimes have leftovers from there own projects

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55