Chase Amazon Credit card nightmare

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have one you might want to check your credit score . Out of the blue I checked mine and it shows a false missed payment from 30-60 days that dropped 94 points off my Equifax credit score. I did some online searching and there are a whole bunch of people complaining of the exact same thing. It must be some sort of hiccup in their system or something because I pay over the phone and one month I remember my payment was zero so I didn't think anything of it. I have always paid my balance off monthly Today I waited on the phone for 30 min and the phone lines are backed up. I didn't even need the card ,The only reason I got the dam thing in the first place was because they had a promotion where they gave you $ 50 to apply for the card. it shows up as JPMCB on the credit information site.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife uses this card from time to time. She runs all her business through the Scheels card though, and wow do we get a ton of gift cards. Real nice option when her company pays the bill each month, and we get the rewards. Looking for a airline mile card, would be sweet to fly free every winter when she takes me south.

Anyone have a credit card that pays some sweet mileage?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah the reality is the Scheels card isn't that great, unless your a guy that uses those gift cards to hide purchases from your wife, which doesn't seem to be your issue.

I'm a fan of Capital One Venture, 2x points on everything and super easy to redeem points. 50,000 point bonus right now which is $500. There is an annual fee but if you put more than $1k a month on it, it works out better than the no fee, lower point card. I put literally everything on my card other than my mortgage, pay it off every month, and average basically a free flight a year.

There may be better pure travel cards out there, but Capitol one is super easy to use and near the top for points without having to jump through hoops.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife uses this card from time to time. She runs all her business through the Scheels card though, and wow do we get a ton of gift cards. Real nice option when her company pays the bill each month, and we get the rewards. Looking for a airline mile card, would be sweet to fly free every winter when she takes me south.

Anyone have a credit card that pays some sweet mileage?

We have a Delta Skymiles Am Express and use it for everything that will take AE. If they don't take AE we use a USBank Flex Perks travel rewards Visa card that also give us miles.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Definitely are much better cards for rewards than the Scheels card. Heck there are cards that give you better rewards for buying stuff at Scheels than the Scheels card.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have to keep shopping because the grass is usually greener on the other side of the fence in this industry. When I was contracting I had my bride on a constant search for the best bang for our buck. Zero or low interest was sometimes a better option than points when you need a cash flow cushion and you can replace a banker with a cc . Sad but true.. My local bank never gave me a free flight but my CC did and the points added up fast, It really paid off to shop around.. There are benefits to a good credit score then some SOB drags you down for no reason ? Politics or computer glitch ? I will find out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75