Sakakawea East End

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone ever have good luck fishing on the east end? Not joking, seriously. I heard most just drive up to the hook

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Water is still pretty cold but got 3 yesterday. Released a 27 1/2”. Very thick fish.

Johnboy

New member here! Thinking of heading to east end soon, is anyone having any luck the last few days? Heard parts of the lake have slowed down. Thinking of Douglas or Steinke. Thanks guys!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
New member here! Thinking of heading to east end soon, is anyone having any luck the last few days? Heard parts of the lake have slowed down. Thinking of Douglas or Steinke. Thanks guys!

Hey MaryEllen, turn your Private Message option on in your profile.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Caught a nice limit Saturday evening but haven’t been out since. Gotta believe the spawn is going to shut things down soon if it hasn’t happened already.

Johnboy

Hey MaryEllen, turn your Private Message option on in your profile.
I’m not MaryEllen. But I can turn on the private message option lol

- - - Updated - - -

Decided to try it yesterday at Douglas as weather was awesome! It was very slow. Tried 6-8 spots, at different depths from shallow to 25 feet. Tried minnows and plastics. Most guys were hoping around pretty quickly so I assume they weren’t catching much. Must be the transition period. Water temp was around 50-51 in back bays and 48-49 out in main bay.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fished Audubon yesterday...debated whether or not to put in at Stevenson and run down to Douglas. I ended up catching 3 on Audubon...2 nice keepers. Water temps out on main lake were 49-51...went up into the NE bays found 53 to 55 degrees...and found some fish. The 2 males I kept had full stomachs...guessing the spawn on Audubon ended last week...they got the feedbag on. Hopefully another week or so and east end will pick up as well. I enjoy fishing the east end because of the access and shorter drive...but the bite can be fickle and inconsistent!

mills423

Fished the east end on the 25th. Marked fish in anywhere from 4 to 20 ft. Only one taker. Minnows and lindys. Nice to fish the lake instead of playing bumper boats on the river. Water temp from 44 to 48 depending on location.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no fish on the East End. Just sail boats, pontoons with elderly people and LOTS of jet-ski's. Anybody wanting to catch any fish needs to head up to Van Hook/Tobacco Gardens area.....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74