• social media style

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • current forum style

Votes: 76 90.5%

• Total voters

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I am looking into updating the NDA site, and wondering if people would prefer a social media style of rebuild, or if most of you prefer the current forum style?

The social media rebuild would be somewhat similar to Facobook, but tailored for the outdoors. Easier for sharing pics, videos, etc ...

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am looking into updating the NDA site, and wondering if people would prefer a social media style of rebuild, or if most of you prefer the current forum style?

The social media rebuild would be somewhat similar to Facobook, but tailored for the outdoors. Easier for sharing pics, videos, etc ...

Media is fine by most common folk!
Forums are in penthouse!

- - - Updated - - -

More h2o and less voge/ enquirer wants to know

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer and like the forum style. Hope it stays similar. But you gotta do what you gotta do

Griz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you make it so when you log in and look at a thread that it will let you view the last post you have
read . On some sites when you view posts it will take you to the last one you've read .

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you make it so when you log in and look at a thread that it will let you view the last post you have
read . On some sites when you view posts it will take you to the last one you've read .

This button/click will take you to the post after the last post that you have read!

Really helps with 2400's "Coffee" thread ... altho it can be fun to work yourself thru all the old posts to get to the current one!!!

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 9.41.51 PM.jpg

Since I'm familiar with this forum and do not participate in any social media, I would like to see it stay the same.

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is my extent of social media as I've been out of the Facebook world since 2005, don't even partake in the snapchit stuff so I'd sorely miss this style of banter. Not a fan of being plugged into anything and like to come and go as I please so to say. Even the option of @'ing ppl on here didn't really take off at all imho.
Wish the classifieds would be more popular on here though as I'm a bisman junkie.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like this site. I surf full site on my mobile device though. Also, I dont have Facebook. So, not sure what social media style even is. Which means my opinion might be worthless.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
V this would be the equivalent of remodelling the inside of your favorite bar. People get comfortable....somethings are better left unchanged.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
V this would be the equivalent of remodelling the inside of your favorite bar. People get comfortable....somethings are better left unchanged.

Unless your regulars are a bunch of jackwagons. When I was younger, Borrowed Bucks was the hot spot for nightlife in Bismarck. Now my wife’s parents go there to play bingo and drink beer with their friends.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya I myself am very rarely on Facebook. Wife tags a few pics now and again. Sell some stuff on there occasionally but don’t have Twitter, Instagram, any other social media site and I can say if this site went to that I would be gone. I understand I’m only 1 person and nobody gives a shit but like I mentioned before I like the old style feel here and am more active here than any other media sight

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
So one thing I will say is that there are lots of groups on Facebook and if thats what I enjoyed I would be on Facebook. I am on here for the forums mostly. One thing that would be cool if you could do it is if you make a app. Have it easy to log the lake you are on for fishing reports. Have the date, water temp, depth, technique and be able to sort through them in any order. Only problem is idk how many other people would be interested in that, I tried starting a group on here for that and not many people entered into it. But if it was easy with an app and we could share bragging pictures also it might catch

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Great feedback! I really appreciate it.
I asked this question to make sure that I was taking care of what you guys wanted for the long haul.

I will keep the site as it is, and continue to do tweaks and improvements.

After looking at the poll results, I feel like an idiot for even asking.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ummm, is there a link to the difference, asking for a friend...

Iwhackwheat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I"d like to see a format where you can reply to a specific comment rather than all the quote boxes.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74