Bow Steps

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seeing a lot of these trailer mounted steps with the hand rail/post to access the bow winch when loading. They interest me. Are they trailer specific? Who makes them? Cost? What's the deal?

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Many companies like YarCraft, Ranger, and Warrior are offering steps. Due to the angle of the front winch post they can be trailer mfg specific. EZEE Steps make a great step system with an extendable handle. Their steps themselves are a better product for traction when wet IMHO. I believe the EZEE steps are about $800, to add the steps to a Yar trailer is about $400ish, Ranger is quite a bit more and I would assume Warrior to be similar to Yar. $800 for the EZEE steps seems steep; but I will pay it gladly if I didn't have a factory option available. I use mine every single day I am on the water more than once.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'll second everything AaronJ just said!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been looking at them too. Think I'll weld up a set and try em out.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can have one locally made, here in Bismarck, from PropWorks. I was their first customer to custom make one and I paid $250 four years ago. I'm sure they cost more now. I left my boat there two days for them to take measurements and manufacture the curves and steps. They also stone-coat the entire thing so there's no rusting going on when completed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74