Bass Guys need some help!!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who’s the best smallmouth bass replica taxidermist? 6 year old tangled with an 18”nearly pulled the little shit in and kinda was half cheering for the bass as he was being a shister but alas he got the fish in measured 18” snapped a pic and we released it. Kinda wishing to mount it for him so who’s the best smallie taxidermist who does replicas?
I’m not looking to save a few bucks and end up on the worst taxidermy thread I’ll pay for a good solid mount
any suggestions??

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
You’re gonna have to go into rabbit choker country for this. That’s a very large smallie especially for a kid, shoulda kept it. The replica will cost you twice as much. Next time consult with a friend before you throw it back!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was one of those days Phil one of those days. Took a solid qtr sized chunk out of my prop as a sandbar/island got me quicker than I realized so chalk a new prop ( needed to upgrade anyway so kinda a sped up blessing in disguise. But I honestly didn’t realize what we had as I was fkn with the trolling motor ( minnkota tech) thinks my amerature is going out we were pulling Cranks he grabbed it from rod holder they got it in measured it right at or just pube short of 18” tosses it back. Didn’t even know it was CR until I looked it up when we got home..... haha one of those fkn days easily cool 1k lost on this day....

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve heard Wayne Zespe from several folks.

gimme some names Phil I’ll gladly pay little more money so it looks good . Nothing worse than piss poor taxidermy your embarrassed to show....money aside don’t you owe me a couple skillets or something.....

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good job on the release! If Steve Silseth(S&S Taxidermy) does replicas that would be my choice hands down.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was one of those days Phil one of those days. Took a solid qtr sized chunk out of my prop as a sandbar/island got me quicker than I realized so chalk a new prop ( needed to upgrade anyway so kinda a sped up blessing in disguise. But I honestly didn’t realize what we had as I was fkn with the trolling motor ( minnkota tech) thinks my amerature is going out we were pulling Cranks he grabbed it from rod holder they got it in measured it right at or just pube short of 18” tosses it back. Didn’t even know it was CR until I looked it up when we got home..... haha one of those fkn days easily cool 1k lost on this day....

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve heard Wayne Zespe from several folks.

gimme some names Phil I’ll gladly pay little more money so it looks good . Nothing worse than piss poor taxidermy your embarrassed to show....money aside don’t you owe me a couple skillets or something.....

i actually don’t have any names specifically. And I do have a few nice pieces of cast iron your name on it. They’re coming up soon for restoration, one is 120 years old and is as smooth as glass, almost wanna keep it :)
to

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76