murder hornet

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fuck the covid this is way worse. There is no reason that these should not be killed to extinction.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tracking-murder-hornet-deadly-pest-153552586.html

444966.jpg

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
there should def be a season for them, and they should def allow baiting.

I have looked into these, and the pics appear legit. I have one word.

Nope.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had only seen a couple of them while in Japan and JayKay is right, they're a big nope.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would love to be in grad school and work on something like this

you know without a doubt that some day drones will be set up by hives where 24/7 sensor monitoring will alert the drone to a wasp's presence

The sentry system might kill the wasp right then/there (and maybe that bee hive entirely if a wasp-specific kill isn't available)

or maybe follow the wasp back to it's nest, where the drone will eliminate that nest by hitting it with wicked nasty pesticide, alert the beekeeper so he can check the wasp's nest out personally to make sure it got done, then the drone will fly back to the bee hives to park and be recharged with solar charge and pesticide

all without anyone doing a thing outside dropping these sentry drones off and servicing them if/when necessary

wonder if that hornet can fit through a space that a bee can barely squeeze though - maybe they could engineer hives to be giant wasp proof

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

you know without a doubt that some day drones will be set up by hives where 24/7 sensor monitoring will alert the drone to a wasp's presence

The sentry system might kill the wasp right then/there (and maybe that bee hive entirely if a wasp-specific kill isn't available)

or maybe follow the wasp back to it's nest, where the drone will eliminate that nest by hitting it with wicked nasty pesticide, alert the beekeeper so he can check the wasp's nest out personally to make sure it got done, then the drone will fly back to the bee hives to park and be recharged with solar charge and pesticide

all without anyone doing a thing outside dropping these sentry drones off and servicing them if/when necessary

wonder if that hornet can fit through a space that a bee can barely squeeze though - maybe they could engineer hives to be giant wasp proof

Even if wasps cant get in, honey bees will and do defend their hives to the death...

https://youtu.be/w7zWGOGjLxs

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member

See now if hollywood would make tv or movies like this it would be worth watching

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw that - but wonder how many generations it will take for our european bees to figure it out.
Naturally it could take thousands or tens of thousands of years. With some selective breeding or DNA splicing it could be a decade maybe?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
probably happens quicker than we think

wouldn’t be surprised if euro bees do that here to certain pest invaders already and we don’t even know it

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn’t any of you guys watch “The X-Files”? Don’t be messing with splicing bees.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed!

Have you ever heard of the story of the woman who swallowed a fly? I could see that happening here...

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hornets are natures assholes, good for nothing assholes! Just here to ruin your day. I take great pleasure in torching their nest and watching them burn in hell!

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ether is to a hornet as buckshot is to a goose. Instant death.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76