- - - Updated - - -

all of Paul’s stuff is great

his vegetable magic on grilled asparagus is our go to

Attachments

72099C38-9A4E-4390-A52F-94E15EB7157D.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
so, just to be clear... you put that stuff on popcorn?

yes - it's main ingredient is sugar - so it gives it a sweet/savory kettle corn with a slight kick taste

truffle salt is amazing too - was my go-to but this stuff now has me addicted

it's funny how grossed out some people are that it's a "fish seasoning" that turns out to be good on popcorn

I'm not saying it'll suit everybody's tastes - but it's pretty darn amazing

who stumbled onto this one I wonder - ha ha

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
good to know. we make popcorn probably 3+ nights/week on the stove for the kids. i consider myself somewhat of an expert on it. lol. so, always looking for ways to shake things up.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took a fifteen year break from popcorn. Recently dug out a 1980s Stir Crazy and have been popcorning like mad.

I was surprised to learn that Jiffy Time and Orville’s popcorn are about par now. Back in the day, Orville’s blew the tough/chewy/mega hulled Jolly Time away as far as quality.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
About the only way I really like the stuff is buttery and salty. Hence, I don't make it super often. A bag of Healthy Pop microwave popcorn with 3 tablespoons of real butter added is my favorite.

gatorbaiter

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is an even better combo. We use a Stir Crazy, add lots of sugar and a good strong dose of Tonys to the oil, add the popcorn, and enjoy. I never eat regular popcorn anymore. The lid can be a bit of a pain to clean with bits of sugar stuck to it and if you leave it on too long it will burn pretty bad, but its sure worth it.

9k=

Attachments

index.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Tony' in our spice drawer too. I'll try it.

As a spice in other cooking I have found Tony's way too salty for my preferences. I like to add seasonings and salt separately if I can. Slap yo momma for instance is way too salty. i threw that in the garbage.

We butter/spice our popcorn after the popping. I could see how the adding sugar beforehand would caramelize the sugar.

I find, in general, that Paul's blends have a lot of spices and less salt - right about where I want it. On just about every mix they sell.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I make my own micro-wave popcorn in the bag. Brown paper bag 4# size 1/3 cup of your favorite popcorn and then spray in pam cooking spray roll top down some and put in microwave for about 150 seconds, depends on how big your microwave is. Add some sugar before popping to get that kettle corn sweet flavor. Add your butter and salt to your own taste. Works for me. LB

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use an air popper, alot. and my go to corn is yellow jolly time. Mostly butter and salt but a few weeks ago I made "sour cream and onion"...

added a couple tbls of instant milk, some onion salt, some dried dill, and a couple tbls of parmesian cheese to the butter, made it kind of thick, and I need to figure out how to make it more sticky, but the flavor was good.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been a popcorn fanatic most of my life. Mrs johnr is one fine popcorn maker. She can out do the movie theater stuff, and looks good doing it. I blame my above average waist size on this wonderful popcorn ability she has, and the need to gobble an entire bowl. Butter is at about a 25% rate per piece of corn...haha

drooling

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
388A5308-B157-4A5D-9696-F0531E6C14B5.jpg
just bought this pack of 10 different varieties
hope to find a superior popping corn

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some times I just like to dip my popcorn in ranch dressing. ;:;popcorn

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as popping corn, orville wins in my experience. But, its spendy. So, I often compromise with cheap shit done and seasoned right.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sometime when by myself, I like to dip the popcorn in the butter dish

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somehow I wonder if this thread is going to go the same route as the Coffee thread... Hmmmm :;:exactly

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74