Pressure Washing Satisfaction

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ahhhh......Not sure there are a whole lot of things more satisfying than pressure washing, especially when the results are astounding. Just finished the top of the pop-up and it went from black to white again. Only regret is that I didn't think to carve "NDA" and snap a picture haha. Of course this lead to many other things getting pressure washed while the wife stood, hands on her hips, wondering why I wasn't tackling the rest of the honey-do list!

What is the most satisfying pressure wash you've done?

What's your biggest pressure washing mistake?

Mine was clipping a toe with the spray....we all know what that does!

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm gonna start keeping northern pike if that machine right there will take the slime and scales off of them. Pickled northern again, here I come...

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can scale a king salmon with just a garden hose with a tight spray nozzle. Did it all the time when I wanted to freeze fillets with the skin on.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a scaler attachment for my oscillating multi-tool that SDMF clued me into. Will report. (for smoker white bass)

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Never ever pressure wash with sandals on or crocks.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Biggest mistake? pressure-washed a wood sided building. Made the wood siding fuzzy, never do that with high pressure. Light pressure to remove dirt is OK, not high pressure. My wife wanted me to sand the building. Didn't tackle that, learned to live with it over the years.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Crocks must be like the ol ALCO NBA jerseys that they sold back in the day where they spelled the name wrong on the back or got the number wrong?? Authentic "crocs" are where it's at so I've heard from anybody that eats off the senior menu..

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought an attachment to clean the driveway this year. Worked great getting rid of the sugar beat crap. Worst mistake was shooting too close to the runner on my boat trying to wash off boat rash from a white bumper. Actually dug a chunk outta the rubber runner

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ahhhh......Not sure there are a whole lot of things more satisfying than pressure washing, especially when the results are astounding. Just finished the top of the pop-up and it went from black to white again. Only regret is that I didn't think to carve "NDA" and snap a picture haha. Of course this lead to many other things getting pressure washed while the wife stood, hands on her hips, wondering why I wasn't tackling the rest of the honey-do list!

What is the most satisfying pressure wash you've done?

What's your biggest pressure washing mistake?

Mine was clipping a toe with the spray....we all know what that does!

In my Asbestos abatement days I was the pressure wash guy about 50% of the time. It's not such a memorable experience when you're pressure washing the mold out of a tunnel at UND after the the floods in 97. (One of those years anyway.)

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my Asbestos abatement days I was the pressure wash guy about 50% of the time. It's not such a memorable experience when you're pressure washing the mold out of a tunnel at UND after the the floods in 97. (One of those years anyway.)

Now that, my friend, sounds like a dirty job. Hope you kept your health - mold and asbestos?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
A good deck wash is satisfying. Or a rug. 133686.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now that, my friend, sounds like a dirty job. Hope you kept your health - mold and asbestos?
Only job I was ever on where we had two decontamination showers set up.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope I never ever get to a point in my life where pressure washing is the highlight of my day.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never ever pressure wash with sandals on or crocks.

Never have understood how a man can or would wear sandals or crocks. To me it just doesn't seem something a man would do.
Just my 2 cents so calm down.

- - - Updated - - -

When we bought our place in Montana back in the middle 90's none of the buildings had paint on them just black with mold and dirt. I pressure washed every building, then primed them and painted them with an airless paint sprayer. Man i went through the primer and paint for that project. Bought 5 gallon pails of paint and primer and i know i used at least 15 pails of paint and primer and probably more. It was worth it once it was done. Had the job done in a month working nights after work and working weekends. Had it all done before my bride came out. She was pretty impressed to see it before and after.
Then i tackled my buddies barn that was the same with no paint on it. After i washed it and let it dry i stained it with our airless sprayer and it turned out well. Hasn't been done since it did it way back then.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75