Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 638
    Given: 948

Sakakawea Walleyes- middle of the day

Does anybody have consistent success catching walleyes on Sak during the day?
    It really seems like its strictly a morning and evening bite, little to no action during the day. Only time we had success was right before a front moved in.

Wondering if it would be feasible to try fishing them suspended over deeper parts of a bay or over deeper structure. Would need to drill a lot to find them I think.

0 Not allowed!
    She was eating cookies like Nabisco needed their bags back.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,469
    Given: 996
    Even when I have found them as evidenced by the vex, it's like they are Cabelas aquarium fish. They just sit there and stare at my offerings. Then around an hour before dark it's like someone rang the dinner bell.

4 Not allowed!
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 524
    Given: 1,559
    Classifieds
    Last Saturday 5 of us fished Sanish Bay at New Town. Missed the "true" morning bite...got set up about 9. Between 9 and noon several fish were caught on jigging type lures...actually the larger fish of the day. Then really died off between 1 and 4...as Allen stated above...hour before dark the bite took off. On Audubon...from what I've experienced...seems to be a more typical real morning or evening bite.

0 Not allowed!