Blackstone

mrperch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a family of 5 will occasionally cook for 10 or so at the lake. For those of you that have them what model would you go with?

3geese4me

Honored Member
I have the 17” for the three of us. I took out the two burner stove that was in the outdoor kitchen and replaced it with the blackstone. The 17” fits perfectly where the stove was and I can stow it there when we are going to and from the lake. I’ve been looking at the 28” for at home because I use the one at the lake for everything. I’ve done tacos, steaks, reheated bbq pork for sandwiches, and every breakfast combination imaginable so far.

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Family of 5 here too and I have the 36”. Could get by with the 28” though I’m pretty sure.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neighbor @ the lake has a 4 burner model. 2 weekends ago the horde of kids that my 2 children are a part of conned me into making pancakes for all of them. Pancakes and sausage links for 12 went much more quickly than I'd anticipated.

I threw the sausages over one burner under the dome lid thingy. Then I did the pancakes over the other 3 burners.

I can certainly see the appeal if one cooks for groups with any regularity.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 28 - works perfectly for small groups or just the two of us. cook you meal all at once.

- - - Updated - - -

group of 10 go with the 36"

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve done tacos, steaks, reheated bbq pork for sandwiches, and every breakfast combination imaginable so far.

Tell me about steaks. Do you sear them over a hot section then finish under the dome @ low heat or ???????

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
My older gas grill crapped the bed about a year ago and needed something for an upcoming party/cookout so went with the 36 from Wally world. Other than an occasional need for the 4 burners if i had to do it again i would have gone with a smaller version as its just the wife and i 95% of the time. If you are gonna occasional cook for 10 the 36 might be right up your alley. I did buy both the hard cover and soft cover and am glad i did as it does sit outside when not in use. If you will be rolling in a shed or garage or whatever when not in use you probably dont need the cover. My .02 anyway

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
My older gas grill crapped the bed about a year ago and needed something for an upcoming party/cookout so went with the 36 from Wally world. Other than an occasional need for the 4 burners if i had to do it again i would have gone with a smaller version as its just the wife and i 95% of the time. If you are gonna occasional cook for 10 the 36 might be right up your alley. I did buy both the hard cover and soft cover and am glad i did as it does sit outside when not in use. If you will be rolling in a shed or garage or whatever when not in use you probably dont need the cover. My .02 anyway

Hard cover has some clips on it to block wind too

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79