Weather modification/cloud seeding fight path?

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was a thread on here awhile ago regarding this topic and someone posted the flight paths of the cloud seeders at one point. I cannot seem to find that thread. Does anyone know where to find the thread or how one looks at the flight paths from previous storms? They were really active yesterday around my place and we got some big hail but luckily not very much of it.

Thanks in adavnce.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
modify the wind please

Usually I would argue that leave mother nature alone, but on this, I agree.

Just remember WHY its so windy in the Dakotas.....MT blows and MN SUCKS!! And they've really SUCKED lately.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did I see a news blurb about Minot banning this? Is this part of the contrails conspiracy? I have wondered if you cloud seed for hail protection over an area is it passing the buck to the next area?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big hail near Medora last night. 20200614_173328.jpg

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did I see a news blurb about Minot banning this? Is this part of the contrails conspiracy? I have wondered if you cloud seed for hail protection over an area is it passing the buck to the next area?
Ward county doesn’t allow it. Probably going to be banned in Williams soon too

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Ward County voted it down last week.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live just in from the Montana border. You can watch the storms coming in from Mt building up to nice little storms. Soon as they hit the border the plans meet them. They disintegrate into nothing in no time at all. Rain disappears even. Have watched this for many many years. We just don’t get rain anymore because of it. They need to quit the practice aside from maybe when storms with large hail are expected

Josh Havelka

Founding Member
Founding Member
Paddledogger i think it is. If you click on one of the radars is says something about the tracks the planes are making.

NDCMP Seeding Tracking:
Airplane tracks show when airplanes are seeding in addition to where they are flying. GPS tracks show individual colors when airplanes are flying and not seeding and turn gold when seeding. The only exception is when displaying “ejectable flares”, which are be denoted by an asterisk. GPS flight tracking of airplanes on the North Dakota Cloud Modification Project (NDCMP) has been provided on project radar images since 2004.

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member
I called the office and the guy said you could see the flight track but I cannot find it. On the thread I was talking about someone posted a screen shot that clearly showed the flight path.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Paddledogger i think it is. If you click on one of the radars is says something about the tracks the planes are making.

NDCMP Seeding Tracking:
Airplane tracks show when airplanes are seeding in addition to where they are flying. GPS tracks show individual colors when airplanes are flying and not seeding and turn gold when seeding. The only exception is when displaying “ejectable flares”, which are be denoted by an asterisk. GPS flight tracking of airplanes on the North Dakota Cloud Modification Project (NDCMP) has been provided on project radar images since 2004.

Guess we might need to keep an eye on it later this afternoon.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76