North Dakota Fishing

Whitetail125

It looks like my annual Canada trip is going to be a no go with the border closure. Can anyone recommend a fishing lodge in ND that has lodging for seven and boat rental. We are looking at the first week of August. Any help would be appreciated.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It looks like my annual Canada trip is going to be a no go with the border closure. Can anyone recommend a fishing lodge in ND that has lodging for seven and boat rental. We are looking at the first week of August. Any help would be appreciated.

Stay in WI.

Casey Buchholz

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Dakota fishing isn't all that great in August. You will definitely want to target the bigger bodies of water. I would stick to MN where they have better accomodations and deeper lakes that produce in hot weather. Either that or fish Sakakawea. It always has fish biting.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd head to Lake of the Woods. You'll have better fishing and have the "feel" of Canada.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stay in WI.

57EA034E-1DE5-4807-82ED-94188C06FB28.gif
In Wisconsin

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fishing in WI must suck so bad --- look at highway 2 any given day --- must be 10 rigs being pulled from WI at any given moment and sometimes more. WTF fishing must suck in WI. I have WI people in my campground they came in we all were ND nice and then they became dicks.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
the fishing in wi must suck so bad --- look at highway 2 any given day --- must be 10 rigs being pulled from wi at any given moment and sometimes more. Wtf fishing must suck in wi. I have wi people in my campground they came in we all were nd nice and then they became dicks.
protest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gatorbaiter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I've been doing my best to balance the scales a bit. I've been in southwest Wisconsin catching their fish this spring. Small stream brookies with light gear; carp, bowfin, gar, and suckers while bowfising; pike up to 12lbs., smallies, largemouth, walleye, perch, towing cranks and pitching jigs. Mississippi River has some fine fishing to be sure.

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Dakota needs to start charging NRs as least as much as the surrounding states do for a fishing license.
The current pricing is a joke.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Dakota needs to start charging NRs as least as much as the surrounding states do for a fishing license.
The current pricing is a joke.

ND is $48; MN is $52. But I agree it is surprising the number of WI especially you see in central ND but not sure of a way to curb it. Just surprising that our fishing is that much better than theirs. Not like the lodging or scenery on our lakes is great.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND is $48; MN is $52. But I agree it is surprising the number of WI especially you see in central ND but not sure of a way to curb it. Just surprising that our fishing is that much better than theirs. Not like the lodging or scenery on our lakes is great.
It’s not that much better. They can get away with over limits easier cause we don’t have enough game wardens. They are a bunch of pigs.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be on a small central ND lake tomorrow and won't be a bit surprised if 15-20% of the plates in the parking lot are MN and WI.

Amazes me, every single damn time...

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm already hemming and hawing about the 75 miles drive...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you have the bay of Green Bay what in the hell would anyone from WI come over here for. And not to mention Erie. These guys are nuts

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75