Why come to ND when there’s lake of the woods

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
More to life than ND, I'm in central ND and Lake Of The Woods in on the ole list.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
What am I missing? :;:huhI am not subscribing to the GFH to look at the article.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I followed that link on twitter yesterday, pretty amazing! I was trying to copy and paste it from phone but couldn't. Was going to put it in ND fishing thread.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can register for free and read 1 article a day. That's what I do. I'm just interested in UND sports articles.

Walleye202

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty impressive how LOW holds up with the massive amount of fishing pressure, Seems to be managed well on the body of water

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
To answer the OP's question from the thread title directly from MN DNR:
Walleye and Sauger5/9/20 - 4/14/216, not more than 4 can be walleye; walleye 19.5-28" must be immediatley released; only 1 walleye over 28"

Couple that 4 Walleye total possession limit (+2 sauger) with actual honest-to-goodness active enforcement and 'Sconi's head for ND when they're on a freezer-filling run.

- - - Updated - - -

yehs it’s amazing what a slot limit does ................

Fishing closed during the spawn probably helps some too...........

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
To answer the OP's question from the thread title directly from MN DNR:

Couple that 4 Walleye total possession limit (+2 sauger) with actual honest-to-goodness active enforcement and 'Sconi's head for ND when they're on a freezer-filling run.

- - - Updated - - -

If Minnesota disbands their police force, will that include their DNR officers? If so, will they start pillaging MN lakes instead of ND lakes?

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If Minnesota disbands their police force, will that include their DNR officers? If so, will they start pillaging MN lakes instead of ND lakes?

They'll send out a social worker to talk to you about the feelings of the extra fish you caught, explain to you how selfish that is, that selfishness is bad and leads to other bad behavior, and on, and on, and on, until you'd rather just have the damned fine.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
This topic sure gets old.
I'm in " lakes" country year round. The amount of ( nodak) plates is huge yet we don't bitch n moan about it. Plenty of fish and room to vacate at.
SDMF. Do you not come to MN to hunt?

Really guys. Every single one of us just want to go where they want to enjoy a good time. Don't let a few losers cloud your judgement.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have ice fished LOW 5 or 6 times with Ballard's Resort and summer fished 2 times thru Wheelers. Had a great time every time I've been there, even though a few times ice fishing, fishing sucked ass. My answer to, do I care if non residents come to ND and fish? Is no, as long as they fallow the rules\laws set forth by the G&F. ND has lots of lakes to fish. Should the G&F increase enforcement\game checks, yes, for residents and non residents both.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

Probably not as much as its advertised. 0.0001 survival rate to adulthood vs. 0.00001 is lost on the majority. And the difference between the two is more likely habitat than it is harvest. That's why we see "year class" of different species that fill the fishing demand. Missing year classes are certainly not due to spring harvest of egg layers, on any ND lake.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I wish somebody would slap the reporter for citing a layperson on the reason for the quality of fishing he enjoyed. We've all had really good days that would make others envious. Being in the right place at the right time and throwing the right bait doesn't make one knowledgeable on why those fish were available to be caught.

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
This topic sure gets old.
I'm in " lakes" country year round. The amount of ( nodak) plates is huge yet we don't bitch n moan about it. Plenty of fish and room to vacate at.
SDMF. Do you not come to MN to hunt?

Really guys. Every single one of us just want to go where they want to enjoy a good time. Don't let a few losers cloud your judgement.
I think the rub is it seems NR's have a way higher % coming here to rape the resource rather then just recreate. Also way fewer NR here actually own property here and pay state taxes. Not sure if the same happens in MN with NR's or not. Are those ND plates you see in MN just there to recreate or do they own cabins in MN and pay taxes there as well? Not saying either is right or wrong just guessing that's why most ND people see NR's as more of a "leech". And the question remains why would a MN or WI person come to ND to fish when they have 100 times more waters in their backyard?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75