Looking for fishing buddy in minot

Tightlines

I love to fish but I don't have a boat. And with the water not flowing too well on the river systems I'm not catching anything besides bullhead. I'm willing to pay the gas buy the bait whatever. I would really like to fish the tail race. Been in north Dakota for a while and have yet to fish it which is disappointing but I'm open to going anywhere.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd take you fishing if I lived closer - hoping someone here takes you up on your offer and gets you out in a boat! I get the humor, but hoping someone takes you seriously....that's what this site is really about.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you have a vehicle that can pull a boat ? If so, Look for the thread here posted by a guy from MAFB hat has a boat and nothing to pull it with. We might have a match.

- - - Updated - - -

His post was about 10 days ago or so.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
To fish the tailrace one doesn't really need a boat. Take your tackle & bait (if needed) and fish the rock walls, the wing wall, or the honey hole down by the boat ramp. I've even strapped on my chest waders and went out into the river a few feet to get the casts better into the flow. You'll catch just about anything!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes! I don't have a boat either, but the tailrace can be very active from shore, later in the fall. Right now, you might get into chinook, rainbow or brown trout, of course walleye, possibly pike, and certainly catfish.

The west rocks are easier to access (you can park closer to the water) but don't overlook the east side. Also, by the boat ramp can be good at dusk.

Lots of opportunities for shore fisherman. If you're going to fish after dark, bring a good headlight. You won't be sorry!

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in Minot and try to get down to the tailrace quite a bit. I'm on Honey-Do duty for the next few weekends, but I'm always down to fish with new people. Send me a PM and we'll make it happen sometime.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75