Air Conditioning

Skullet

Established Member
2020 strikes again!
Hottest day of the year and my AC decides to shit the bed. Does anyone wanna come over and sit in my living room and sweat with me?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those look like slick units . Are they loud and do they have a catch pan for condensation that needs to be emptied ?

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have the portable A/C in my fish house and they work good. I vent everything out a catch cover.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come to think of it the unit in my pickup camper is inside and vented out and that's fairly quiet. I have a window air conditioner in my office and my window overlooks our deck , When I am out on the deck I can't hear people talking because of the background noise.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come to think of it the unit in my pickup camper is inside and vented out and that's fairly quiet. I have a window air conditioner in my office and my window overlooks our deck , When I am out on the deck I can't hear people talking because of the background noise.

Tho you are only 5 - 6 miles away from me, Metigoshe must make a whale of a difference. I don't think that in the 12 years that I have been retired and at the Lake in the summer I would have ever turned on an AC unit ... but then our cabin is completely shaded by trees. We do face south tho and have a large picture window.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tho you are only 5 - 6 miles away from me, Metigoshe must make a whale of a difference. I don't think that in the 12 years that I have been retired and at the Lake in the summer I would have ever turned on an AC unit ... but then our cabin is completely shaded by trees. We do face south tho and have a large picture window.

Our house isn't that bad without , We went many years without A/c but I can't take the heat like I used to , I used to love sunny hot days until I had a heatstroke while working in Utah one summer and it did something haywire so I can't take the heat like I used to.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am ready to be done with this heat. Lows in the 50’s this weekend can’t wait. Wish that was the highs. Come on let’s have a long nice fall

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those look like slick units . Are they loud and do they have a catch pan for condensation that needs to be emptied ?

they aren't too loud - ambient noise i sleep really well with... they do have a catch pan, and all the noise is in the house... you would get all but about 3" of your window back and only a slight noise of exhaust outside of the window...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
help kill a corona spore faster -- leave the air conditioning off:;:deadhorse

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102