eMails (purportedly) from Amazon

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has any else received an eMail from Amazon like this.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 9.32.37 PM.jpg

I've received 5 on Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday and this one today. They purport that the attempted access to my account have come from: Finland, Malta, Myanmar, Heard and Mc Donald Islands (twice), Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and New Zealand. I have not replied to any of the eMails because of the return eMail address: : dba8-866b56bef919-909ca7e3ee7@chefsimon.com.

Any thoughts???

If you cannot read the message here is what it says in a larger font:

We detected an unauthorized Login attempt to your Amazon ID from another IP Location.
Please update your information promptly so that you can continue to enjoy your Amazon account.

Last edited:

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Essentially, you click the link and likely get redirected to a site that looks like Amazon. You login, and they have your account info. Time for a shopping spree on your dime.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Essentially, you click the link and likely get redirected to a site that looks like Amazon. You login, and they have your account info. Time for a shopping spree on your dime.

My thoughts exactly ... that's why I have not replied. I thought about a profanity filled reply to get them to stop the eMails but haven't let them know my real thoughts yet.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get a similar shit about my paypal account. I go to my account in another tab and no activity. F'n losers, this day and age is sure highlighting how shitty the human race can be...

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My wife got this as a phone call yesterday. She does NOT have an Amazon account.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get a similar shit about my paypal account. I go to my account in another tab and no activity. F'n losers, this day and age is sure highlighting how shitty the human race can be...

I got one on the landline from Pay Pal two days ago saying there was a pending charge of $ 299.00 for some computer software or something computer related and for me to press 1 to reverse those charges. I feel bad for old people that fall for this crap.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you get crap stating your papal account is wacky, they greatly appreciate it if you forward it to them directly to
spoof@paypal.com

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75