1. Back To Top    #1
    Premium Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 103

Why Netflix?

Wow. Just watched "Abducted In Plain Sight" documentary. I was livid while suffering through this show. I guess shock does truly sell. Shame on me for watching this. This should actually be a training video of HORRIBLE parenting. I looked over at my wife and said that I would be more than comfortable sitting on death row after I rectified this situation. My only regret would be that I could only take care of this "B" animal once...

0 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,572
    Given: 2,775
    if its so bad, why did you watch it? I watch till I realize something is bad and then change the channel...

3 Not allowed!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Premium Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 2
    I liked the movie and was really conflicted. I think the parents were for the most part good people who didn't want to cause conflicts with people and were naive to the point of being idiots. I try to put myself in their shoes but I could not ever make the choices they did. Given the mindset of those days, they unfortunately were not unlike many people of those days.

Overall a great movie that's worth telling. I feel like a movie snob because I stop watching 90% of the movies I start but this one kept my attention.

0 Not allowed!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,785
    Given: 12,102
    Classifieds
    I cancelled Netflix when I read that they signed the bopsie twins up for a mega-deal to produce garbage. Because I'm a racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I didn't subsidize this purchase:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-from-netflix

- - - Updated - - -

Netflix Inc. acquired rights to the award-winning documentary “Knock Down the House,” about the election campaigns of U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and three other women from the Democratic Party, reportedly paying the most ever for such a film.

2 Not allowed!
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
    ~Doug Larson

5. Back To Top    #5
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,896
    Given: 12,302
    Quote Originally Posted by guywhofishes View Post
    I cancelled Netflix when I read that they signed the bopsie twins up for a mega-deal to produce garbage. Because I'm a racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I didn't subsidize this purchase:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-from-netflix

- - - Updated - - -

Netflix Inc. acquired rights to the award-winning documentary “Knock Down the House,” about the election campaigns of U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and three other women from the Democratic Party, reportedly paying the most ever for such a film.
    Yup, in a word FUCK Netflix!

Name:  ive-cometoapointin-my-life-where-ineed-a-stronger-word-than-8877266.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  96.3 KB

I forgot to add in addition to the Obamas being paid 10's of millions to provide "content", George Soros owns a big chunk of Netflix.

3 Not allowed!
    Last edited by 2400; 02-11-2019 at 06:34 PM.
    D.A.V. - M.O.P.H. - N.R.A. - Life Member

6. Back To Top    #6
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 1,589
    The wife and I watched this movie Saturday...based on a recommendation from our 29 year old daughter...who has 5 year old child. Not defending the parents by any stretch, but in 1973...in Pocatello Idaho, don't think folks were too concerned about any type of crime...including child abduction by a family friend. I know in small town PA where I was a kid we never locked our doors...even at night. Just seemed crazy to my wife and I how awkward and inappropriate that guy was with their 10 year old daughter...and yet they allowed the guy to keep coming around...and eventually allowed him to spend the night with her as part of his therapy...are you kidding me! Not to turn this into a religious discussion...but they were members of the LDS church...and the guy saw an LDS counselor...I believe. The entire thing was just bizarre beyond belief!

0 Not allowed!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,508
    Given: 1,004
    Would someone be so kind as to provide the Cliff Notes version of the story so I won't have to ever watch it?

Thanks in advance!

3 Not allowed!
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 1,589
    Allen...here goes: small town family meets another family at church...dad from friend family is a pedophile takes interest in first family's 11 year old daughter...seduces mom...and dad along the way...eventually abducts young girl...FBI finally finds her in a Catholic school in California enrolled under an assumed name...by now she's 15...the CIA/aliens/LDS church all involved. Quite the story line. In all seriousness...very sad story about...IMO...parents not protecting their child in an appropriate non dumbass way...just my take.

1 Not allowed!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Premium Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 2
    Not sure why you wouldn't want to watch it. Its good and is only one episode long. Just disturbing in the sense that the parents were as dumb as they were.

A family in Idaho has new neighbors. Both families get along well and do a lot of activities together. The new neighbors dad is a pedophile and starts grooming the neighbors daughter. In order to get closer to her, he tries to turn the family on itself by seducing the mom and the dad. He ends up sleeping with the daughter for many months because he convinces the family that his counselor said it was part of his therapy. When I say 'sleep with the daughter' I literally mean sleep in the sense that he is suppose to sleep in the same bed. Thats what he tells the girls parents is happening but he actually drugs her and molests her without them knowing I guess. He convinces the parents that he wants to take the girl out the the country to see his horses but instead kidnaps her for 3 months and they find him in Mexico. She's convinced that she was abducted by aliens and that she is part alien and being kidnapped was all part of a plan. FBI catches him and brings him back for justice. Guys wife convinces family not to prosecute and they don't. Shortly after that, he kidnaps her again for several months.

A lot more to the story but that is the basic facts.

1 Not allowed!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,391
    Given: 1,353
    Classifieds
    Fubar

1 Not allowed!

11. Back To Top    #11
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 696
    Given: 747
    Quote Originally Posted by fly2cast View Post
    Not sure why you wouldn't want to watch it. Its good and is only one episode long. Just disturbing in the sense that the parents were as dumb as they were.

A family in Idaho has new neighbors. Both families get along well and do a lot of activities together. The new neighbors dad is a pedophile and starts grooming the neighbors daughter. In order to get closer to her, he tries to turn the family on itself by seducing the mom and the dad. He ends up sleeping with the daughter for many months because he convinces the family that his counselor said it was part of his therapy. When I say 'sleep with the daughter' I literally mean sleep in the sense that he is suppose to sleep in the same bed. Thats what he tells the girls parents is happening but he actually drugs her and molests her without them knowing I guess. He convinces the parents that he wants to take the girl out the the country to see his horses but instead kidnaps her for 3 months and they find him in Mexico. She's convinced that she was abducted by aliens and that she is part alien and being kidnapped was all part of a plan. FBI catches him and brings him back for justice. Guys wife convinces family not to prosecute and they don't. Shortly after that, he kidnaps her again for several months.

A lot more to the story but that is the basic facts.
    christ man! How about a spoiler alert

1 Not allowed!

12. Back To Top    #12
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,656
    Given: 2,531
    Classifieds
    Hard no

1 Not allowed!

13. Back To Top    #13
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 622
    Given: 905
    I dont have not have had Netflix in probably 6 years. Buddy of mine a couple weeks ago had me watch a new series called Sex Education. Apparently it is for teenagers. BS... so horribly disturbing.

0 Not allowed!
    Equal Opportunity is not the same as Equal Outcome

14. Back To Top    #14
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,508
    Given: 1,004
    All I know is my backhoe won't bury a pedophile deep enough to be out of the worm zone. But it will absolutely make a hole in the ground.

3 Not allowed!
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

15. Back To Top    #15
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 399
    Given: 824
    If you asked me to survive off streaming tv services I'd die..fawkkkk that! In between commercials yesterday watching golf I decided to see if Netflix or prime had anything interesting and new..only for both not to load thanks to my effing internet I'm sure and I wasnt getting up to unplug that modem just to plug It back in. Bachelor parties gotta be coming to an end soon cuz they make for a long few days these days!

0 Not allowed!

16. Back To Top    #16
    Ultimate VIP Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,067
    Given: 2,388
    With sever arthritis in the knees and recent rotater cuff surgery I'm stuck indoors this winter. I think I have watched every gunsmithing video on utube, and a few documentaries on Netflix. Every nature documentary has some bs about global warming. Little wonder the youth have heads full of crap.

0 Not allowed!

17. Back To Top    #17
    Premium Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 669
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoby View Post
    I dont have not have had Netflix in probably 6 years. Buddy of mine a couple weeks ago had me watch a new series called Sex Education. Apparently it is for teenagers. BS... so horribly disturbing.
    That show is absolutely NOT intended for young teenagers. It is rated mature, which is closer to XXX than PG-13. We set our parental controls so anything rated higher than PG-13 requires a passcode.

0 Not allowed!

18. Back To Top    #18
    Ultimate VIP Member
    NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,656
    Given: 5,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ahab View Post
    Hard no
    a double hard-no from me. makes me feel shitty just reading the cliff's notes. As a father of three young girls. Ugh. I might need to puke.

2 Not allowed!