Beaver Creek Bay Area???

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm unfamiliar with the Beaver Creek Bay area of Sakakawea. Will be in the area in October and wondering about hunting and fishing opportunities. I assume it's decent fishing. Are there decent pheasant numbers around there? Grouse? Ducks/geese? Deer? Is it mainly whitetail or mule deer? Decent public land opportunities? Chances of getting permission?

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anywhere in North Dakota, getting permission only happens knocking on doors. Most phone calls (newest app) will likely go unanswered. Fishing is good over that way. If you're definitely coming it's best to get information from pros, guides, bait shops, etc. on general locations. Lots of boats head west (from Beulah Bay, Hazen Bay, etc.) to get fishing in as long as the wind allows them to. If that NW wind is up there isn't much choice outside of the bays, the rollers will make you think twice!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anywhere in North Dakota, getting permission only happens knocking on doors. Most phone calls (newest app) will likely go unanswered. Fishing is good over that way. If you're definitely coming it's best to get information from pros, guides, bait shops, etc. on general locations. Lots of boats head west (from Beulah Bay, Hazen Bay, etc.) to get fishing in as long as the wind allows them to. If that NW wind is up there isn't much choice outside of the bays, the rollers will make you think twice!
Thanks! Not sure if I want to drag the boat along or not, any decent shore fishing that time of year?

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never shored fished in that area, but I'm pretty sure you would do decent in the evening hours toward sundown. There is a nice inlet creek area that comes on the south of of Little Soldier Bay and that's where I would put my poker chips, if you can find any road to get there (no clue of the possibility).

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80