Mid Lake Sakakawea

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone willing to share any recent fishing reports for mid-lake Sakakawea: Beulah Bay, Beaver Creek, Red Butte, Nishu, Indian Hills? Not looking for coordinates or anything. Just the general area. Would appreciate it. Thanks.

wales

Founding Member
Founding Member
tough bite at Pouch point. You can catch fish 15 to 25 ft but most pretty small. I don't think fishing out of New Town marina is much better.
wish I had a better report, but someone is usually doing pretty good, just not anyone I know right now.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Wales. Your report is better than nothing that I have been seeing for the past couple of weeks on this site.

eliminator

Honored Member
fished the east end---more toward hazen and found fish that were decent but had to keep running from point to point. one here and two there all in 25-30 feet that day

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Was up in Douglas all last week. I can put you on the 13” eyes that bite all day long. Only an occasional fish over 16”. Biggest was 20”. Otherwise, I have nothing else to offer!!

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I fished the east end Friday and Saturday. Pulled cranks, pulled spinners, and jigged. Most fish marked were in 25 to 40 fow. Over those 2 days maybe caught 8 or 9 walleye...none bigger than 14 inches. Little bit of a tough bite right now, but like eliminator said above...gotta keep moving/looking. The walleye are really scattered right now...not schooled up so much.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
this sounds like devils. Unless you learn how to use good electronics in deep water, you are gonna struggle putting nice fish in the boat this time of year.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish within 10 miles of Beulah bay 22-32 ft on the wind blown shore and you'll do fine.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishing at Beulah Bay area has slowed down but they are still there. I pulled cranks on Sunday morning and didn't get much from 21' out to 26' so I dropped down jigging raps and hit a nice 6lb walleye at 47'. You can also get some shallow in 16'-18' early mornings, mostly on slow death and a large pearl bead.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fished Pouch Point on Sunday, Went out late afternoon, pulled 1 fish in 26 FOW after switching from worm on spinner to 5" minnow imitator plastic (black and white). Drifted in Kayak for 45 minutes to hour, took two to paddle back top ramp. What a workout.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishing was pretty decent last week in that area, if you find fish in 18-30 feet they are usually pretty active on crawlers, if you are set up to fish deeper there is a decent bite going on out there too. Hit 3 or 4 spots on the north side if they aren't there try the south side, we never traveled further than nishu from Dakota waters.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been catching limits within 2 miles of Beulah bay. Never had to fish longer than 4 hours. Many little fish but can get 5 15 to 20 easily.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
We found fish at the mouth of Douglas, back in mouth of Steinke, and the whole main lake back to Beulah and Indian Hills. Use your graph. They are literally spread out from 8 foot to the deep abyss. If you have wind, you can find them shallow all day. If not, you'll be in 20-35 foot. Gotta keep moving until you find a descent pod of fish. Size on average will be 12-16 inches.

Don't be afraid to buy a scoop of minnows. That season is starting already.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
What type of structure are you looking for when fishing deeper than 25ft? I had a few good days up there in early July, but have struggled to find fish the past few weeks. Any tips on equipment for fishing the deeper water? I've always been a once or twice a year lake person, but I'm really trying to learn more about fishing the lake.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I try to look for sunken humps or points where water goes from mid 40's to mid 30's in multiple areas, but biggest thing is electronics let them tell you where to fish, the better they are set up the faster you can determine if there are a few isolated fish or schools of fish.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76