New Yard Questions

andyb15

Established Member
I live in far east north dakota and am moving in to a newly built home next week. The yard will only be rough graded. I was hoping to have sprinklers and final grade done this fall as well as sod laid. Planning on laying the sod with a half dozen people that said they'd help.

Any recommendations on who to go through for the final grading? Called a company earlier this week and they will only final grade if you are having them lay the sod.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d get final grade done and install sprinklers and seed if yourself and water the piss out of it till freeze up. You’ll have a great lawn by spring.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
plus out of those six that said they will help maybe 2 will show up its hunting season.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hydro seeding would be great too. This is the perfect time to seed. Half your sod probably wouldn’t make it through the winter

★ Legendary Member
If your in Fargo call Aqualawn for sprinkler install. If they won't do final grade call Brennan at landpro 552.3695. Then I would seed it your self with turf blue pro made by barenbrug. One of the best grass seeds out there, drought tolerance, fast to germinate.....Will save on watering in the future.

andyb15

Established Member
If your in Fargo call Aqualawn for sprinkler install. If they won't do final grade call Brennan at landpro 552.3695. Then I would seed it your self with turf blue pro made by barenbrug. One of the best grass seeds out there, drought tolerance, fast to germinate.....Will save on watering in the future.

Where can i get the barenbrug seed?

★ Legendary Member
Try Tessman seed. Bought it there years ago....it's the same seed Fargo parks used for the new softball complex.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried to convince both my boys to seed VS sod but they both outsmarted me and went with sod and it worked out good for them . One had a fire pit built a year later and the contractor cut the sod before the project rather than drive on the grass and leave a crappy trail.

It's like laying outdoor carpet with instant results.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77