Tommy Skarlis~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shocker,just found out Tommy passed away recently,had'nt seen nor herd from Tommy for a few years after he fell out of his deer stand and broke his neck,kinda faded away from pro walleye fishing after that but zero'd in on panfish fishing,mostly crappie fishing wrote numerous articles,just a great guy,if any of you had a chance to chat with him at fishing shows,sad deal.

FYI

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tommy Skarlis is and will forever be a legend. I only can wish I could have the great attitude he had. My friend Charlie and I met him 2 years ago up at Lake of the Woods while they were practicing for the NWT championship. We discussed fishing and he played pool with our sons. He also ran out to his rig and got Lawrance hats for the kids. His positivity was contagious. My friend caught his PB and put it on the wall on that day. I won’t forget.

51467FDF-23ED-4CAF-8B3B-69C47FA9651F.jpg

She was a 30.25” that went 10lb 4oz

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
capt,Agreed...always had a smile and positive attitude,maybe he was with
his good friend Ross Grothe as they traveled the circut together along with a couple other guyz,they hit a body of water and spilt up disecting new bodies of water using different patterns then consult with each other at days end to see what was working,anyway Ross just moved to north dakota from northfield minn,just north of bismarck,all fired up about getting out of minn , Ross spends alot of time in north dakota both fishing and waterfowl hunting,Ross was really close to Tommy so I figured he might have been with Tommy when you bumped in to him

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
capt,Agreed...always had a smile and positive attitude,maybe he was with
his good friend Ross Grothe as they traveled the circut together along with a couple other guyz,they hit a body of water and spilt up disecting new bodies of water using different patterns then consult with each other at days end to see what was working,anyway Ross just moved to north dakota from northfield minn,just north of bismarck,all fired up about getting out of minn , Ross spends alot of time in north dakota both fishing and waterfowl hunting,Ross was really close to Tommy so I figured he might have been with Tommy when you bumped in to him

He was sitting with one other guy. We were right next to Tommy Kemos' table and he came over to talk to him.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hung out with him a few times and he was a blast to be around . Fun guy and was a great mc for the tourneys

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah these guyz are all pretty tight,Ross might not have been there as he doesn't drink and travels with his family,in fact Ross's partner is his oldest son who is 12 years old now, in the A.I.M tournies(he started the kid when he was 8 yrs old).

I'm told Ranger is dropping out of walleye sponsorship so these guyz need to find new rigs to run,bummer...Word is "Nitro" is picking up of few of these pro's dropped by ranger...

I fished with a few of these guyz in the begining,just making a name for themselves,worst rig in big water/waves was "champion" boats,the "Skeeter" was another that sucked but new hull design for walleye rigs were made since then,years ago when P.TW. was rolling,jumped in a 2025 lund,5'ers that day,almost lost my tongue in that tin can as my capt tried to skip the waves as our wind changed direction,piss pounded the shit out of us.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 73