Anyone need a bull elk

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in Unit E-5. Anyone with a ND elk license can hunt this Unit.

A six by six showed up this morning. About 300SCI. Healthy body and dark cape.

Usually my neighbors spot these satellite bulls and call someone with a tag before I even know about it. Not this one, he is holed up in the trees/ravine behind my yard.

Ten days ago a guy from Pingree got one with a ND Game and Fish tracking collar. Interesting stuff how they captured him with a helicopter and where he traveled from.

PM me. They don't always stick around but I think this one isn't going anywhere for a few days.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
No cows.

He must be in the trees right now. Am not going close because I don't want to bump him.

This morning he was doing a little sparring action with my bull. Didn't have a camera with.

These satellite bulls are looking for a harem of their own after getting pushed out of their home range during the rut which peaks around Sept. 26th. A walk about of a hundred miles one way is nothing.

Last year a bull with a tracking collar traveled from north of Killdeer (right south of the lake) to my place south of Hazen. He spent just two days and ventured back north.

ejolliffe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in Unit E-5. Anyone with a ND elk license can hunt this Unit.

A six by six showed up this morning. About 300SCI. Healthy body and dark cape.

Usually my neighbors spot these satellite bulls and call someone with a tag before I even know about it. Not this one, he is holed up in the trees/ravine behind my yard.

Ten days ago a guy from Pingree got one with a ND Game and Fish tracking collar. Interesting stuff how they captured him with a helicopter and where he traveled from.

PM me. They don't always stick around but I think this one isn't going anywhere for a few days.

Class move right there...tip of the cap to ya sir.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nonetheless, it's way better of Fritz offering him up to a ND sportsman than allowing NDGF to help remove a problem elk from his operation.

Because, I do believe that is still an option available to cervid ranches.

So I too say, good on ya, Fritz.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nonetheless, it's way better of Fritz offering him up to a ND sportsman than allowing NDGF to help remove a problem elk from his operation.

Because, I do believe that is still an option available to cervid ranches.

So I too say, good on ya, Fritz.
The problem elk are inside the fence IMO

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, good on you Fritz. Had a friend that got a tag and the same issue was happening to a guy north of town. Wild bull trying to get into the fence. 1 phone call and problem solved and a ND tag filled and freezer full. :;:rockit

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, don't pay any attention to NDsportsman.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went out at dusk and he is still here. If someone tags him I believe this will be number eleven in the last nine years. Three or four were taken by sportswomen.

My favorite was a lady from Dickinson who arrived by herself. Her boyfriend went to an auction sale instead. Capable, good looking and someone should have stole her away from that putz.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
He is still here this morning. So far only one private message from a nodakangler who knows someone with a bull tag.

About two weeks ago a fellow got a bull here with a North Dakota Game and Fish collar. A very nice bull. Dressed out he hung 470 pounds. That is flippin huge. The one here now is younger and smaller.

IMG_0315.jpg

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like a great hunt - walk up to pasture where he’s coming in see him and shoot what a hunt

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like a great hunt - walk up to pasture where he’s coming in see him and shoot what a hunt

It took two days. The first day this collared bull was a no show. He was a mile west hanging out on my cousins property. I didn't know the guys were staked out sitting all day.

Day two he was moving about at sun rise. Bang

The guys called Game and Fish. A biologist came out and removed the collar. He asked if the guy wanted a replacement dummy collar to put on the head mount. Yes sir.

Last edited:

Clay-1982

Hi I have a bull elk tag I live in Fargo and would love to hunt out there if he is still there my number is 701-361-6746 my name is Clayton.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

Sounds like a great hunt to me. As long as he's not raised in a HF like a pet, and is wild. WTF if he wants to walk up to a hunter and commit suicide so be it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74