Things an adult should know how to do without Youtube

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. Use a ratchet-strap. We've been upright with opposable thumbs for about 4 Million years people.

2. Back a trailer, I'm not talking about a train of hay wagons none of which have fixed front axels, just a single trailer, hooked to the bumper, receiver, or 5th wheel of a tow vehicle.

3. Sight in open sights, bow or gun

4. Sight in a scope

5. Attach jumper-cables correctly

6. install/remove tire chains

7. Drive on dry pavement/nice weather WITH the cruise control ENGAGED!

8. Tie your own spinner/Lindy

9. Change a tire

10. At a minimum, change oil and batteries on every rig in the household

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear you, but what an invaluable tool YouTube is for a lot of stuff. From learning to change my own water pump on the Optimax to installing flooring, cabinets, and doing drywall work on our kitchen remodel. I took out a pocket door and opened it up and did all the drywall work myself and it looks 100% professionally done. Just used it the other day to fix a Keurig coffee maker and diagnose a trim/tilt motor issue.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How to properly read a tape measure
when its proper distance from your turn to use your turning signal
who the man in the little boat is
that one boob is usally bigger then the other unless they are surgically enhanced

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As far as number 10 goes in OP, if I can find a place that says "free battery installation," I'm taking them up on it. Bought my kids a couple of Dodge Avengers. If that isn't a reminder that engineers are sometimes assholes, I don't know what is. You have to take off the left front tire and remove a panel in the wheel well to access the battery.

Youtube it. ;)

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m NOT saying one needs to change their own oil, batteries, or tires. I’m saying one should learn how to perform those operations without having to “look it up”.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Investments 101:
ROTH vs Traditional
Youngsters these days NEED to learn and know that social security is not the end all be all and may not even be there in the future as we know it so need to be proactive and invest for later in life.

That guy

Honored Member
I think you guys are setting your expectations too high; there was no youtube at the time but my future wife didn't know how to put air in her tire and she graduated top of her class.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
How to attempt to blow a duck/goose call before I say "take that flute back to the truck and stick it up your ass" but google prob has that covered ;:;rofl

undguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
With all due respect a person who doesn’t hunt or fish wouldn’t have much use for the hunting and fishing skills listed.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
With all due respect a person who doesn’t hunt or fish wouldn’t have much use for the hunting and fishing skills listed.

With all due offense, archery and rimfire rifles should be required teaching for everyone, thereby also should be sighting in of same.

Gutting a deer is not much different than dissecting a frog. The deer is larger, likely to be warmer, and doesn't smell like formaldehyde but getting the viscera out is pretty much the same process.

11. Sharpening a knife.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

Not unless there is an event that causes internet service to shut down and the food supply stops dead in it's tracks.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took out one of my kidneys from a YouTube video. Sold it on Ebay, took bitcoin for payment.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One boob is bigger than the.other. is it the left one? Need to pay more attention. Is that learn on YouTube?
And I was taught how to sharpen a knife on a stone before there where adding machines let alone a computer. Once the wife falls asleep will need to check out as I only been marry 49 years. Db

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73