Premium Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Report Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 397
    Given: 284
    Quote Originally Posted by fsnthntr View Post
    If you fellars dont like the NR MT combo tag cost you can just keep hunting ND and maybe get a whitetail doe tag every 3 years. If you want to hunt a state where you can legitimately fill your chest freezer every year with delicious elk and deer meat, than pay the 1K and quit your bitching! The almost 8 million acres of block managent (PLOTS for you ND folks) that I get to hunt every year is largely funded by your NR license dollars so keep it flowing! The annual allocation of non resident tags will be filled via this lottery or left overs after this lottery so we will get you guys either way. Just be happy you guys got a state next door where big game opportunities are plentiful and there are massive expanses of public land to hunt! Once all your guys' private is posted you will appreciate the 30+ million acres of public ground the great state of MT has to offer and the 1K combo tag will seem like a bargain!
    Translation: We like having nice things. We just think someone else should pay for it.

1 Not allowed!
    I don't have to out run the bear. I just have to out run you.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Premium Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 107
    If you fellars dont like the NR MT combo tag cost you can just keep hunting ND and maybe get a whitetail doe tag every 3 years. If you want to hunt a state where you can legitimately fill your chest freezer every year with delicious elk and deer meat, than pay the 1K and quit your bitching! The almost 8 million acres of block managent (PLOTS for you ND folks) that I get to hunt every year is largely funded by your NR license dollars so keep it flowing! The annual allocation of non resident tags will be filled via this lottery or left overs after this lottery so we will get you guys either way. Just be happy you guys got a state next door where big game opportunities are plentiful and there are massive expanses of public land to hunt! Once all your guys' private is posted you will appreciate the 30+ million acres of public ground the great state of MT has to offer and the 1K combo tag will seem like a bargain!
    Please know that some North Dakotans do appreciate what Montana has to offer and we're not all a bunch of whiners. In any state, to buy a NR elk and deer tag will cost around $1,000+ so MT really isn't any different from every other state. I wish they would change their deer management but there are endless opportunities for both deer and elk. Not many places where you have a 5-6 week archery and rifle season. That's both good and bad but the opportunity is there. Beats the hell out of drawing ONE elk tag in ND in your life. IF you're lucky...

0 Not allowed!

3. Back To Top    #23
    Premium Member

NDA Points
    NDA Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 229
    Given: 0
    Your resident fees need to increase it’s a joke what little it costs for a resident to hunt . And your right we the NR fund FWP . And FYI it’s easy to draw buck tag in nd every year I’d you apply in right areas several units are 100% draw . Your also right about block management, what a great program , there’s tons of land for everyone to hunt and enjoy . I just think Montana manages too much for opportunities, there ain’t much for mature deer on public land .

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12