Road Kill Deer

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hit a buck this morning with my truck on the hall road going to our asphalt plant, I already have it gutted, roadkill permit, and skinning it afterwork. I would like to know if I have to take the whole deer or can I leave the rib cage after I take the quarters, backstraps, tenderloins, and head.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Left ya one by starkweather too although she might be a little bloated by now. Must have been a Kim K doe to cost $3400 hitting her in the ass.
I would think the rib cage could be left for the critters, the rest is getting used up. How big of buck btw?

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just make sure not to piss off the land owner by leaving the remains of what you don't want.
Some it doesn't bother a bit and others this is another thorn in their side.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hit a buck this morning with my truck on the hall road going to our asphalt plant, I already have it gutted, roadkill permit, and skinning it afterwork. I would like to know if I have to take the whole deer or can I leave the rib cage after I take the quarters, backstraps, tenderloins, and head.

You have to use every last bit of it. The bone marrow of every bone, and tooth necklace. The sinew makes good natural strong thread btw.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leave the butt hole too. It doesn’t taste like chicken

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Left ya one by starkweather too although she might be a little bloated by now. Must have been a Kim K doe to cost $3400 hitting her in the ass.
I would think the rib cage could be left for the critters, the rest is getting used up. How big of buck btw?
he has height to his 5x5 rack but a very narrow spread, a nice body though its too bad luckily I was going slow, the bucks are defiantly or following the does around. Talk to the game warden just make sure that you leave it off the road but i will take it to the pit and through it in one of the raviens for the coyotes

- - - Updated - - -

Leave the butt hole too. It doesn’t taste like chicken
is that what juanr told you ;:;rofl

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last deer season there was a guy that was seen quartering a deer in the ditch, he left everything there after he had it quartered. the same guy that saw him do this drove by the next day and a warden was checking it out. what he forgot to do was remove the tag from the ear, doe, so the warden looked him up and got a hold of him and made him drive the hour and pick it up!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It seems a little silly to throw an animal carcass in the trash can where it them goes to a landfill. Don't animals die in nature all the time? Does someone go around and pick them up to discard them??

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
8828.jpeg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
20201015_120528_01_saved.jpg
Yeah 4x4 he is tall but not much width to him

- - - Updated - - -

I run a paving lab we are trying to pave the 1804 bypass

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont think it would appropriate that I share what company I work for, we just started paving this stretch of 1804 in the last week in September

thats fine i was just wondering who was the paving contractor i can just look it up on the nddot. Also material testing service has a lab in williston and i know both the guys who run it well.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kudos for no mentions of an 8 or 10 pointer, it's like calling a pickup a truck for those of us who grew up driving grain/gravel trucks.. 5x1's can really throw a wrinkle into things!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74