UTV question

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does any UTV side by side have a pto that goes out the front in order to mount a front snoblower?

THX!

Only thing I know close to what you're talking about is the Tool Cat, but they use hydraulics. I don't believe any of them have a PTO option. Other than that, they all use independent motors.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only thing I know close to what you're talking about is the Tool Cat, but they use hydraulics. I don't believe any of them have a PTO option. Other than that, they all use independent motors.
Is that the bobcat one? Looks pretty slick.

EnglishCocker

Founding Member
Founding Member
check out a polaris Brutus - Not sure if they make them anymore but would fit what you are looking for i think

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bobcat 3650 is the only thing i know of with front pto... made by polaris like the rest of their utv line, and totally worthless... it was a 25 horse diesel with hydro drive, so you basically had a 10hp snowblower in a 60" width - what could go wrong???

i sold them and know of exactly 1 happy customer who had bigger equipment to clear more than 2" of powder...

the toolcat is awesome, for 3 times the price... hope to have 1 some day for attachments... 66 horse if i remember correctly and awesome for utility work... limited lifting capacity (1600#?), but too light of front lift arms to use as a dedicated snow pusher... awesome for every attachment but a bucket, blade, or snow pusher...

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bobcat 3650 is the only thing i know of with front pto... made by polaris like the rest of their utv line, and totally worthless... it was a 25 horse diesel with hydro drive, so you basically had a 10hp snowblower in a 60" width - what could go wrong???

i sold them and know of exactly 1 happy customer who had bigger equipment to clear more than 2" of powder...

the toolcat is awesome, for 3 times the price... hope to have 1 some day for attachments... 66 horse if i remember correctly and awesome for utility work... limited lifting capacity (1600#?), but too light of front lift arms to use as a dedicated snow pusher... awesome for every attachment but a bucket, blade, or snow pusher...

ive been wanting a toolcat are you serious about the front lift arms? even thought about getting rid of my s185

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
ive been wanting a toolcat are you serious about the front lift arms? even thought about getting rid of my s185

yup... i've seen them bent, twisted, and broke... too narrow of stance to run a big snow pusher, blade, or bucket...

it's just not what they were made for, but people think they are skid steer tough and they're just not...

fwiw, your s185 is gold... if you have work for it i would never get rid of it...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74