Bigfoot Decoys

love2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wondering if anyone runs Bigfoot anymore? I had about 10 dozen full body decoys and a trailer and listed it all yesterday. I sold everything except the bigfoots in one day and haven't even had a sniff on the bigfoots. I know its only been a day but just curious if they have lost their appeal. Either way, i'm sitting on 5 dozen of them.

That guy

Honored Member
I'm not into waterfowl hunting but my boys are pretty heavy. I don't think I have seen the bigfoots move in almost two years. They seem to use shells and flocked cardboard cutouts. They do well most trips. I think they just take up too much room.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still run mostly bigfoots. Have other brands mixed in but still think the foots are hard to beat! So durable...just toss them in my trailer. If you were closer I would maybe take a few from ya

Dew1970

I love Bigfoot they can take abuse and still look good they do take up a lot of room

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wondering if anyone runs Bigfoot anymore? I had about 10 dozen full body decoys and a trailer and listed it all yesterday. I sold everything except the bigfoots in one day and haven't even had a sniff on the bigfoots. I know its only been a day but just curious if they have lost their appeal. Either way, i'm sitting on 5 dozen of them.

how much do you want for them. I might know a guy who will buy a couple dozen

love2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
$275 a dozen. These are the original bigfoots, not the smaller B2s. These all have flocked heads and are in very good shape. Most of them are feeder heads. If anyone is interested just IM me and we can go from there. Cheapest I can find these ones online are at Rogers for $360 a dozen plus tax.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cabelas has Bigfoot’s $138 for half dozen. $150 is retail but they have this sale often. I have three dozen of them. I like em. They’d be better if I had a pickup with topper so I could leave them assembled.

love2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the $138 for half a dozen at Cabelas are the B2. In my opinion and take it for what it is.. The original bigfoots are better than the B2's. I only say that because with my experience the B2 is not as good of quality. Paint chips and white patch on cheek gives off to much shine. Also, seems like the B2's have a durability issue with feet and the heads staying on. I have owned quite a few of the smaller B2's and sold them because of those issues. Like I said, take it for what it is because i'm the one selling these so I know it probably sounds biased.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem you have is trying to sell something for more that what a non avid hunter would pay new. They don’t know the difference.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member

I sold my big foots years ago because they took up too much room and I didn’t want to buy a bigger trailer. It was a pain trying to get to the Other decoys In the trailer too because I just stacked them in one by one. The next decoys I buy will be dive bombs because you can fit 20 dozen in a truck bed With blinds easy. Most guys buy the more realistic decoys now instead of bigfoots. $275 is fair but you just got to find a taker that wants them.

love2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I appreciate the feedback guys. I don't want this turning into a classified ad so I won't say anything after this BUT if you do know anyone who wants them I will sell for $250 a dozen. Again, thank you guys for the feedback.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agree with ^^ statements,big foot's are great dekes but major pain to store,pard and I had two trailers and 50 dozen we collected over the years,took forever to put out/pickup,sold em all years ago,small spreads today using magnum shells and deadly silo's(look like the twin to dive bomb dekes) and a handful of socks for honkers,all socks for snow's these days

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sold my big foots years ago because they took up too much room and I didn’t want to buy a bigger trailer. It was a pain trying to get to the Other decoys In the trailer too because I just stacked them in one by one. The next decoys I buy will be dive bombs because you can fit 20 dozen in a truck bed With blinds easy. Most guys buy the more realistic decoys now instead of bigfoots. $275 is fair but you just got to find a taker that wants them.

Used the dive bombs for the first time this weekend and they made me a believer. Flocked head geese and mallards both look awesome .

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell me more about the dive bomb dekes. Like I said, I have killed a million (yep a million) geese over my foots but I like mixing in other stuff. What do you like so much of the bombs?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tell me more about the dive bomb dekes. Like I said, I have killed a million (yep a million) geese over my foots but I like mixing in other stuff. What do you like so much of the bombs?
Cheaper per dozen, lighter, more compact storage, quicker to place and pick up in the Field. There are some realism arguments behind silhouettes but it you use big numbers of them the birds do not care. Frozen ground can be an issue if deep frost has set in. 10 dozen decoys would cost $800 with bags plus tax and shipping. All would easily fit in your truck cab if needed!

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember...that is why I think I've stayed away from silhouettes is because of frozen ground issue.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

I thought that they added more to the spread we had 18 full body ducks and 6 big foots and then then 20 duck dive bombs and 15 geese. I was really impressed with how the flocking on the goose heads looked. For the frozen ground a drill with a long bit makes quick work with other silos i have used. Dive bomb makes a tool for that but i have never use it i have seen people using them on frozen ground so it must work

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deadly silo's look idenitcal to these dive bomb dekes w/o the flocking,but agree^^ these 3d silos really add to the spread no matter the size and easy to store.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76