Hunting with heros

Brasmunky

Established Member
Hey folks. I represent Hometown Hero Outdoors (501c3 Non-profit) with mission of providing law enforcement officers, military service members, and military veterans with outdoor opportunities to assist in healing and building healthy relationships within the community.

This weekend we paired up with Theo Toliver and Stephan Kolobakken from the Good Ol' Blast and Cast podcast and Kellen Latendresse of Latendresse Guide service to take 4 of our nations heros out on a hunt/fishing trip. The planned itinerary was to hunt Friday and fish on Saturday but with the forecast temperatures we decided to give the guys a rain check to come back and fish this spring.

On Friday we started the day with a windchill of -1 degree waiting on a honker feed we had found the night before. Unfortunately the geese had other ideas and never got off the roost until after legal shooting time. Saturday we adapted and chased after some snows. The weather was much better and it all came together. We may not have shot limits but it was a hunt to remember for sure! We finished the day with 41 geese, 9 ducks and a band.

If there are any Veterans, Active Duty, Reservists, Guard members or Law Enforcement officers interested in our program I encourage you to check us out on Facebook or feel free to shoot me a message. If there is anyone interested in helping us out with our mission shoot me a message or check us out at https://www.hometownherooutdoors.org/

Attachments

20201024_162145.jpg
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87