Deer Hunting weather

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets get away from the BS election grind for sec...Looking at the weather for the weekend, up here in the NW its gonna flip like a light switch SOB Just hope the roads are not bad (rain changing to snow) on Mon morning. I plan on taking fri and mon off from work, why does the weather always have to throw a wrench in things...just one headache after another...election BS, drastic weather change, truck now has a rear end noise (just hoping its just the pinion bearing)....etc....good grief Good Luck my NDA friends!

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure reminds me of opener about 4-5 years ago. I think high that Friday was 67 degrees or something? Remember shooting a small buck, getting it home, skinned, and totally boned out in one evening. Made for a long night, but I wasn't willing to let him hang.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tag is staying in the safe, going to buy some good beef

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm completely done hunting for this fall, until I decide to go hunting again.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's gonna have to be a big SOB for me shoot this weekend since it's looking like it'll be a little on the warm side and I like to let em hang for a while. However, I will be out and about looking for that tirty pointer.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me and the better half are gonna chase roosters since it sounds like it will be a nice weekend. My almost 6 yr old Springer will approve.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
gonna do some "light" deer hunting tomorrow, it doesn't get too serious until the last week. usually worth the wait for the bucks to get "stupid"

so many out of state bird hunters up here that they have the deer all screwed up this year, other day blading I saw 1 rooster and 4 partridge and 7 vehicle loads of out of staters. we have been out a few evenings and saw very few deer compared to before pheasant season. also all the corn and sunflowers have been harvested so they cant hide there.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
rut is on here in the east

observed three zombie bucks standing around near roads in broad daylight yesterday

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
No tags for our little group so I’ll probably just keep fishing. The next dusting of snow will be hun/sharp tail tour though.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would say rut is in full swing. Seeing bucks in full daylight running their scrapes and very little crop left to hide in.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my area,3 bow tags filled in sept,so tomorrow's gun opener and 65 degree's I'll be lounging in speedo's n t-shirt smoking a cigar watching the shit show from afar. No sound shots boyz...(river hunter's)

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll predict lots of stupidity with a chance of poaching and no hunting signs shot up. And a sprinkle of garbage in the ditches.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Must be thundering out or someone is using a 105 howie on deer this morning in the dark. Not:;: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Foggier than F here, tried going out after the sun come up. Lucky if you can see 20 yards. Back home making breakfast samies. Will try later if the fog clears but then the wind will be blowing 40 and raining. ;:;banghead

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys sound like a bunch of little girls.;:;rofl Anyone remember deer season 1966 in the Badlands? 20 below, foot of snow, and windy in the afternoon. Oh and the Deer population was a lot lower than now. And in '72 Al Gore appeared and we hunted in our tee shirts.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62