Co-workers claiming her husband is Ice fishing on Audubon, is it walk on up there?

bink

Hi everyone, Bismarck guy hoping to save a few miles if she is full of BS but she is claiming her husband is ice fishing up on Audubon. Anyone got an ice report for that neck of the woods?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
brother was out there pheasant hunting said people were walking out fishing

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pure desperation. Just like open water in the spring. Aka openers.

I will say the north lakes of dl is hot. But dl is the north pole of weather vs the other parts of the state

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was just on the south side of audoban hunting roosters on tuesday (I think it was tuesday) and there is definitely walkable ice in the bays. I wouldn't personally go out on it yet, as a fish isn't worth the risk to me, but to each their own.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Please be careful. I had an incident where I busted through last season and it literally gives me nightmares to this day.

dschaible

Established Member
Went out tonight around Velva Point. lots of little perch, small pike and a couple small eyes. Left a little early around 5:30. Ice was like 5-6 inches.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet that guy is pissed at his wife. Haha

- - - Updated - - -

0B4F8B53-B0FA-4ADD-BF83-D44C805CCA05.jpg

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nov 20th there...no fricken way.
received_300737577765524.jpg

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fished the Turtle Lake ramp area today on Audubon...quite a few people out. Ice was solid 5-6 inches...spud and punch holes as you go. Caught 11-12 walleye and 5 or 6 perch...nice first day on the ice this season. If you go take your time, don't go alone.#$%^&>

bink

Well I think I'll stay away for a while, getting soaked doesn't seem worth it.

WalleyeJim

I was on the ice Saturday and Sunday out of Velva Point. Saturday we found 5-6" near the ramp, and I'd say we lost an half to an inch of ice by Sunday morning.

Got 2 walleye a couple perch on Saturday and 2 more on Sunday with a northern and a crapload of perch.

Spud your way out, and don't assume that because you see someone's old holes that the ice is safe. With this week's highs, we'll probably lose more than we gain. I don't think I'll be going back out for a couple weeks.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was on the ice Saturday and Sunday out of Velva Point. Saturday we found 5-6" near the ramp, and I'd say we lost an half to an inch of ice by Sunday morning.

Got 2 walleye a couple perch on Saturday and 2 more on Sunday with a northern and a crapload of perch.

Spud your way out, and don't assume that because you see someone's old holes that the ice is safe. With this week's highs, we'll probably lose more than we gain. I don't think I'll be going back out for a couple weeks.

Agree Jim...ice conditions change daily...sometimes hourly. Especially this time of year...with these temps...if you go spud and punch holes as you make your way out...safety first!

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
7" on Audubon where we fished Friday. There are plenty of four wheelers out and about. After the weather Saturday though ice conditions may have worsened.

Nov 21 there was 3-4 inches.

Last edited:

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
4-5 inches is enough until it aint. knowing what the ice is when you take that next step is crucial, have seen ice make thicker sheets toward shore and then step to thinner in a distinct line.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen enough "open spots" stay open for weeks while the rest of the lake stays frozen.

Once that spot freezes then it all looks good to go - and it's generally plenty thick all over - except where it was open for weeks when nothing else was.

That's the mental image I keep foremost in my mind when I'm out early. Creepy.

Spud spud spud all the way out and back for me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75