UND Hockey Disappointment

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hugely disappointed in UND and the Mens Hockey program and coaching staff. They allowed 2 of there player to kneel during the national anthem for there 1st game of the season yesterday. I would have hoped that representing a ND program I wouldn't have needed to worry about this but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since it is in the eastern part of the state and a higher education program. I really did think that ND college program would be the last place I would have to decide if I keep watching. Just my personal opinion and I guess I spent 30 years in military so the morons could do stupid $hi!:mad:
UND hockey players explain why they'll kneel during anthem today - StarTribune.com

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Yeah I was disappointed to hear about that. A Canuck and a Left Coast-er.
They said they would only do it for the one game.

Last edited:

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Time to take away their scholarships here so they can relocate to another school!
;:;popcorn

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I was disappointed to hear about that. A Canuck and a Left Coast-er.
They said they would only do it for the one game.

Only one game, so not for a cause just to join the herd and be “edgy”. Sports make me sick anymore. Just one heap of trash league after another. Everyone of the sports leagues can go take a long walk off a short pier. Screw em

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
dipshitoneanddipshittwo.jpg
https://www.grandforksherald.com/sp...for-the-national-anthem-at-UNDs-season-opener

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This stinks like a skunk. Time for coach Berry to nip this in the bud. Bench them for today and make them skate crushers the whole next practice. I've never heard of a coach getting sued for benching and/or making an example out of team players who made bad decisions.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
[FONT=&quot]"At the end of the day, we want UND to be a safe place. As athletes who do have a platform, we stand with our brothers and sisters of color."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"We hope the hockey community knows that we stand with people of color and we are not OK with the way people are being treated in this country."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"For me and Jasper, it was an opportunity to educate our team," Bernard-Docker said of the movie night. "We're trying to learn more every day as well. We're not perfect. We still have a ton to learn. With our team being mostly white males, we've never had to deal with racial injustices. Just to open some of our guys' eyes and show them the history of the past hundreds of years in America, and around the world, how minorities have been treated is important. It makes you realize how well we have it."

They're right you guys. It's time to end cross burning and lynchings at UND.[/FONT]

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm out. I'll not attend another game, nor tune into one on TV or Radio. The only way this crap ends is if the $$ dries up, I'm voting with my wallet.

I used to be at least a fair-weather fan of NHL, NFL, and NASCAR, I've turned them all off 100%.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have quit watching sports completely aside from pro motocross. So far none of that shit in motocross and do not suspect it will ever happen. I don’t miss sports one damn bit. And I was a sports junky for the first thirty plus years of my life.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm out. I'll not attend another game, nor tune into one on TV or Radio. The only way this crap ends is if the $$ dries up, I'm voting with my wallet.

I used to be at least a fair-weather fan of NHL, NFL, and NASCAR, I've turned them all off 100%.

same

when the sports news comes on the radio I laugh and turn if off or change channels instantly and say out loud "who gives a ####?" virtually every time

then I laugh heartily

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't watch and or support ANY type of sports anymore....I'm done.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think this is the leftist's plan - sports united us

Kapperdick and his extremist girlfriend should be sent packing to a leftist ####hole

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't them sonsabitching bison do the same shit at their one and only football game this year?

Scholarships should be pulled.

It offends me, and 75% of Americans, why do our feelings not matter?

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member

Oh no, not that!! anything but that!!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh no, not that!! anything but that!!

Well, their budgets don't arrive out of thin air. Fewer attendees and lower TV ratings mean less $$ into the program. I suspect there are private donors and corporate sponsors who'll close their wallets as well.

Those young men have the right to speak their mind. I have the right to never put myself in a position where I have to see or listen to them. There's no "Bully-pulpit" without an audience.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74