ECKROTH Bottoms. Questions..??

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its always looked to me like the main channel took a sharp 90° turn to the east right at the parking lot. I've only walked down there a couple times. If I ever casted line in it wasn't long enough to catch one. But now it looks like it cut over the bank and keeps heading south there. I looked at it today but not long.

So does the main channel go south there or what's up. How has it changed the fishing and water flow in front of Hazelton ramp?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmmm....Nobody wants to spill the beans about a community hole like that?

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't been there since spring. Maybe a picture would help.

ElkHunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last time I was there was in June. The channel was out almost in the middle of the river at Eckroth's. It still ran at a gradual angle towards Hazelton and there was a nice trench in front of Hazelton.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, not much has changed at Hazelton proper. There's still the deep community hole starting at the ramp and going south. There are a couple sandbars right out from the ramp that produce fish in the non-25 ft of water range, and the east shoreline north of the ramp is still the same as it has been the past several years, just with a lot less fish. At least that's been my experience at Hazelton.

Going north of there, the navigation can be tricky the first time or two with sandbars and a meandering channel. So basically not much has changed from Hazelton and south, but the trip between Hazelton and Eckroth is constantly in a year to year state of flux.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, not much has changed at Hazelton proper. There's still the deep community hole starting at the ramp and going south. There are a couple sandbars right out from the ramp that produce fish in the non-25 ft of water range, and the east shoreline north of the ramp is still the same as it has been the past several years, just with a lot less fish. At least that's been my experience at Hazelton.

Going north of there, the navigation can be tricky the first time or two with sandbars and a meandering channel. So basically not much has changed from Hazelton and south, but the trip between Hazelton and Eckroth is constantly in a year to year state of flux.

Have to agree with Allen. The trip from the dock to Eckroths can be interesting. More so this year. I heard that with the low water it has changed a bunch from the turn east to the rifle range. You should have seen it after the flood in 2011. That was crazy.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75