Head Lamp for Christmas

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did a search and the last head lamp specifies thread is several years old. What are you guys recommending for a good all around headlamp for ice fishing, hunting, wading etc? I’ve had a couple of the cheapies and haven’t been too impressed. I’d be ok spending $50-100 for a good one that will last. Thanks.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
same here

do they make one with a main eye scorching beam... but with gentle flood side lights so a guy can see what's in the periphery?

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
I did a search and the last head lamp specifies thread is several years old. What are you guys recommending for a good all around headlamp for ice fishing, hunting, wading etc? I’ve had a couple of the cheapies and haven’t been too impressed. I’d be ok spending $50-100 for a good one that will last. Thanks.

https://www.switchbacktravel.com/best-headlamps

These are worth a look.

- - - Updated - - -

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been using the O-Light H2R for the last couple seasons for waterfowl and bowhunting. The light it puts out is awesome compared to the cheapies I have. Run time hasn't been an issue for me either. I do have an extra battery I bought and carry with but have never needed to use it. The thing is built tough as nails and the magnetic charger works great. I would highly recommend it.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Zebralight H52FW. Uses a single AA battery, and is great for all around use. I use it for hunting and projects around the house. Can be found on amazon for around $60.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
24215ABD-A9DD-47C2-AAEE-78DB83CD2D70.jpg
I c24215ABD-A9DD-47C2-AAEE-78DB83CD2D70.jpg

black diamond can’t remember the model it was 60 dollars I think runs off 4 aa. Has a really bright light then the little circle you can add more light . It will dim to the setting you want has a red light for the covert opps. It proved it self to me in the cliffs in Idaho this year. So much both my brother and his friend went and got one when we got back to town. On full high it will burn batteries in 12 hours of straight use but it’s kinda like horsepower. You don’t need it all most the time but when you do it is appreciated.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Coast HL8R and I really like it. It comes with 2 different battery packs. One is rechargeable and the other uses AA batteries.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
protac-hl-hdlp_main.jpg

1 button, 1 bulb, 3 different lighting options. I will never have any other headlamp. I have walked out in the dark 3 guys deep and this will wash out the guy in fronts headlamp!! 635 lumen, got to look at the lumen count.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
protac-hl-hdlp_main.jpg

1 button, 1 bulb, 3 different lighting options. I will never have any other headlamp. I have walked out in the dark 3 guys deep and this will wash out the guy in fronts headlamp!! 635 lumen, got to look at the lumen count.

I found one on EBay, still new in package, for $50. Their flashlights have been really good, may as well spring for the headlamp.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member

FENIX HM65R. Bought one before archery season. Can’t believe it took me this long. Damn near a spotlight, it’s amazing

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
FENIX HM65R. Bought one before archery season. Can’t believe it took me this long. Damn near a spotlight, it’s amazing

i was hoping someone was going to bring up this one as I’ve heard some good things about it from another guy. I think this is the one!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i can lose a 60 dollar headlamp just as fast as a 30 dollar led one. couple weeks ago i found the first led head lamp i bought 25 years ago and still works. as far as high dollar lights black diamond are nice. i had to rob my wifes to go fishing tonight and she has a black diamond just like kurtr takes 4 triple a and is very bright. it does some funny things if you push the buttons to many times.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
i was hoping someone was going to bring up this one as I’ve heard some good things about it from another guy. I think this is the one!

Youll have no regrets. It’s amazing

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77