Other hobbies/interests

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
The title pretty much says it all. What kind of things do you all like to do excluding hunting/fishing related activities?

My "other" hobby is golf. Both regular and disc. Recently I've also found myself interested in North American history, so I spend also little time each day learning also bit.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dirt race cars when I get the time to go

add in getting into photography but damn that is another expensive hobby to add to my already expensive hobby list

Last edited:

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like to go skiing in the mountains, try to get in a couple trips every winter.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Staying alive as of late so I can go fishing this spring and hunting this fall.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I try to get on a few snowboarding trips a year, just got back from Aspen, plan to go to MT or WY again in a few weeks. I used to ride motorcycle but just sold mine last spring to buy an ATV for ice fishing. I ride bike for exercise and fun.

I think photography could be cool as a secondary hobby as i'm in the outdoors pursuing other hobbies. There are times i wish i would have had a good camera.

Last edited:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used to snowboard a lot but now ice fishing kind of took over that. I find weird things to tinker on and build when stuck inside during winter. otherwise it is cooking/grilling/BBQ, restore antique tractors (in maintenance mode now), garden. I found these are things that my two daughters can join in on and actually have fun helping me with.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Photography, guitar are my other two. Used to play lots of golf until back surgery two years ago ended that. Actually spend 10+ years working in the golf industry.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha your golf cart reminded me of getting more speed out of my daughters electric tractor, shaved 15sec off her lap times around the house :D.
her mother was so impressed

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gardening. It's a great way to escape all the bullshit.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Planting Trees, Creating Habitat, Making Jigs, Preparing Wild Game, and Gardening. All of which are just offshoots of hunting and fishing. So depending on how you look at it, I have several other hobbies or no other hobbies.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any hobby I have is wrapped around fishing. Done with softball, golf clubs see the sunlight a couple times a year, and if the little man ever sleeps through the night, I'll get back to the gym.

Until then, I'll fish, make stuff for fishing and plan for fishing. My wife and I do enjoy getting to baseball games though. Trying to get the spring training trip planned.

Bluegill

I enjoy doing some wood working. I like to turn duck/goose calls and pens on my lathe. I also like Finding burls from trees and processing them. You can find some amazing looking wood out there

Last edited:

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im going to cave and buy some golf clubs soon. I miss out on too many "work related" outings.

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoy doing some wood working. I like to turn dick/goose calls and pens on my lathe. I also like Finding burls from trees and processing them. You can find some amazing looking wood out there

HA!! GAY!

JCNodak

Honored Member
have been teaching myself guitar over the last couple of years. I also enjoy the xbox. It's an amazing stress reliever for me. Golf once or twice. I have tried to retire from softball but I always end up being a "permanent fill in". Playing men's league hockey. Realized I can't keep up anymore. Time to switch to old man's league. Been looking at rod building or jig making or spinner building but I would need someone to teach me that stuff.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Golf, spending time with grandkids and watching them play all kinds of sports. Time with grandkids would include fishing, hunting, and golfing with them. Do a little woodworking as well. My main problem is that I don't have any hobbies that don't cost money. I guess it's not really a problem when they are involved, worth every penny.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 92
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60