Cabin Fever

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man do I have cabin fever this week. Looks like a nice weekend of weather ahead. I can't decide what do to. First world problems! Debating on one last ice fishing outing to Beaver bay, doing some bass fishing at Nelson or heading up to the tail race. Decisions, decisions.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also am thinking a trip to the big water might be needed

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man do I have cabin fever this week. Looks like a nice weekend of weather ahead. I can't decide what do to. First world problems! Debating on one last ice fishing outing to Beaver bay, doing some bass fishing at Nelson or heading up to the tail race. Decisions, decisions.
Have you been to Beaver recently? Just curious what the ice/slush conditions are?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There has been a group fishing the channel break right out in the middle between Cattail and Yates daily for the last week. gotta be getting something I'm guessing.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Easy cabin fever remedy for me is to go "Gator Giggin'". Went again today and got 4 more. Three 8-10 lb'ers and a 5. Missed another 5 pounder when I hit the bottom of the ice, GRRRR!! A spear hitting the ice acts just like an arrow hitting a branch. It flies off in really interesting, totally unanticipated, and ultimately unproductive directions. Giggin' gators is much like snaring coyotes. I get a special warm fuzzy when I bust one. Had a fun day and it took care of any cabin fever I might've had.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone had a boat up to northgate??? would love to make a trip one of these days...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have fished it from boat and ice. Last winter ice fished it a couple of times and did really well on the gills and trout. Last June camped there one weekend with Walleyeguy (my son:;:rockit) and did very well. In the morning we caught eyes and trout from the boat and in the afternoon caught more gills from shore then you could shake a stick at. In the evening we casted cranks from shore and caught some more eyes.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have fished it from boat and ice. Last winter ice fished it a couple of times and did really well on the gills and trout. Last June camped there one weekend with Walleyeguy (my son:;:rockit) and did very well. In the morning we caught eyes and trout from the boat and in the afternoon caught more gills from shore then you could shake a stick at. In the evening we casted cranks from shore and caught some more eyes.

lately??? like last few weeks???

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to get the Britts out for some good exercise.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75