Fn wind!!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was planning on doing some tenting down my the shore over the weekend, but it looks like it just gonna blow all damn weekend. I used to do this every year Memorial Day weekend. Then I bought a camper and started staying in the campground. It just isn't the same. I finally talk the wife into ruffing it this year and was hoping for a decent weekend. :mad:

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its the dakota's. If the sun rises in the east, it will be windy.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh you mean tipi creepin down by the river. Don't forget your tipi creepers
ASE200 7-Large.jpg

Last edited:

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like a few hours on Saturday morning that won't be to windy, but then it cranks up and is gonna blow all they way thru Monday...this month of May has just plain sucked for wind.....I don't mind 15-20, but once it hits 25-30 MPH it is not so fun!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep and thats the morning I needed to get ready. By the time I get to my spot and start setting up, then poof, wind for three days straight!

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually how it rolls..then when you pack up to leave on the last day..viola...wind quits......

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When will it end...........Early Saturday morning run i guess until the big wind comes again. Who else is sick of this wind? Can we get some stable dam weather for a week just one time a bunch of times now?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
First planting of green beans were up about 4" tall and leafed out real nice and now I got just stalks sticking out of the ground from the wind. Guess I have to build a wind break around my garden. It sucks big time.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I grew up with my folks having a cabin on Heart Butte & I now have a place @ DL & in the last 25 years I can count on one hand the number of "nice" memorial day weekends I've seen. :(

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't even care about going to the lake this weekend anymore. It use to piss me off. Now I just use this weekend to get a bunch of work done around home, get in some family time and wipe all the honey do's off the list. Then come next weekend when it's beautiful I know I'll be on the water.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Memorial Day weekend is always windy and or rainy and temps are always a crap shoot. For me its always a weekend for projects around home before the real summer fun begins.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
good for all of you. I'm stuck at a wedding this weekend.

Who the F gets married on Memorial Day weekend? That's like getting married opening deer season weekend. In my earlier years I'd have skipped it LOL. I have a real short wedding list now. If you didn't come to my reception, your're off my list, unless you were too young or I didn't know you at the time. People who get married on the Holiday weekends are inconsiderate of others IMO. It's also graduation weekend for many. Some people's kids SMH.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
good for all of you. I'm stuck at a wedding this weekend.

Long holiday weekends are a gift, pretty fricken rude for someone to think that gift should be taken from anyone and used on them....haha

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Long holiday weekends are a gift, pretty fricken rude for someone to think that gift should be taken from anyone and used on them....haha

Sunday is my wedding anniversary....I apologize to all my wedding guests who attended 29 years ago on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. :;:sorry

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've echoed your arguments many, many times this weekend. Apparently, it's going to be a very fancy wedding. What got me to go was the mention of an open bar. 6 schlitz's......

- - - Updated - - -

my biggest complaint is that I wont be attending the veterans memorial on monday morning. Something my Dad and I have done for quite a while now.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you taking on another wife?

one is plenty

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88