Power Rake / Crawlers

jmkilber

I am wondering if any of you do power raking or know a good person to have do it? I would like to power rake and maybe have a drag run over the yard. I am in Bismarck.

The reason I want to do it is that my yard is pretty rough in spots. I think because of night crawlers. I don't know that I have ever seen one, so maybe its just earth worms. Anyway, I thought power raking and dragging the yard would help break up all the chunks of dirt they create at the surface.

Another question would be is once I smooth the yard out a little is there much I can do to get rid of the crawlers?

Thanks.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am wondering if any of you do power raking or know a good person to have do it? I would like to power rake and maybe have a drag run over the yard. I am in Bismarck.

The reason I want to do it is that my yard is pretty rough in spots. I think because of night crawlers. I don't know that I have ever seen one, so maybe its just earth worms. Anyway, I thought power raking and dragging the yard would help break up all the chunks of dirt they create at the surface.

Another question would be is once I smooth the yard out a little is there much I can do to get rid of the crawlers?

Thanks.
Yeah! Water your lawn every day right before dusk and don't mind the guy crawling around your yard for the next 2 hours with a bucket. ;)

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure a power rake will help much. They are ment for the thatch in your grass. Every time I have rented one they are permanently adjusted so high to avoid damage that they barely get all the dead grass. Airrating and then power taking may level it out a little.

What side of town are you on? I was going to rent both soon. I usually let my son go do a few yards in the neighborhood to earn some cash.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure it's not voles in your yard?

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Can you put them a dozen to a carton and place them on a flat?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56