53-inch ND Muskie

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Musky is a very serious musky addict,but agreed keep post pics musky!!!

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats to the lucky angler! Definitely a fish of a lifetime.

As for New Johns being swamped with people fishing for musky, I wouldn't worry about it. After two or three trips without so much as a musky sighting most will give it up.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats to the lucky angler! Definitely a fish of a lifetime.

As for New Johns being swamped with people fishing for musky, I wouldn't worry about it. After two or three trips without so much as a musky sighting most will give it up.
This man speaks the truth. But if there was ever a time to gouge people on muskie baits in Bismarck, this is it.

On on an unrelated note, I've started making my own black and gold double blade bucktails. PM me for financing options

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meh once you have watched the MuskyManiac slay mushky on video...pics are for amateurs. More videos of the MuskyManiac slaying mushky please

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
This man speaks the truth. But if there was ever a time to gouge people on muskie baits in Bismarck, this is it.

On on an unrelated note, I've started making my own black and gold double blade bucktails. PM me for financing options

I may be interested in some of this new hardware. I don't chase musky, but I should. My inlaws live within spittin' distance of that lake, and there apparently are a couple of big 'uns in there. Coincidentally, big bucktails are wonderful for pike on sak, in the fall too, and the occasional chinook.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh once you have watched the MuskyManiac slay mushky on video...pics are for amateurs. More videos of the MuskyManiac slaying mushky please

Those vids are a joy to watch. Really get my blood pumping! Turn the volume down at work though. Make a drill sergeant blush.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Little tip for musky anglers on lakes with heavy pressure...It helps if said angler is out pitching the tackle box and gets a follow,mark these spots as these critters have seen all the different lures from bucktails to cowgirls and are territorial and go back @ night with top water,make sure you have good boat lights and a spot light to target a fish when caught,its a rush when ya here the swooish in the dark and they will strike at the sound but not always connect.My PB in #'s on a well known musky lake was 10 skis stuck/landed from 10pm to 5am between two guyz.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not your fault, it's the large-headed superiority complex that is generally employed throughout the musky fishing community. Again, not you.

Agree.

I know MM, he is a great #nonbigheadedmushkyfisherman, but some of these guys are pure douche about how much better they are than anyone else.

I was at the state park in pick city for about 5 days last weekend, lots of salmon fisherman around as that bite is starting to happen, the lady at the checkin desk asked me if I was there to chase salmon, I told her "No, I am just a simple walleye fisherman" she laughed and said "You are my kind of fisherman", so maybe salmon fisherman are a bunch of better than you assholes too.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not your fault, it's the large-headed superiority complex that is generally employed throughout the musky fishing community. Again, not you.

Walleye fisherman are waaaay worse in my experience. All the serious muskie fishermen that I have talked to are supper nice tell you what's been working lately and will even share spots

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm just a really bad fisherman and have no pics or videos to add. The 12-14" walleyes that I catch are no fun to see in pics. Congrats to those that catch the fish that are picture worthy. Keep the pics coming. It keeps me hopeful.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
this feller clearly just enjoys torturing fish by shoving hooks in the fishes face

ndcarpshooter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish muskies 25-30 days a year on average for past 5-6 years I'm guessing. I don't see this blowing up New Johns, if this lake was located in MN or closer to Fargo then yes, But eastern part of state has world class musky fishing all over MN that they can access in shorter time period. New Johns density is low and everyone wants to catch a huge Muskie until they cast baits for 4hours and realize they are gonna do it all day. People might go out for 1/2 day cast then give up. I fished New Johns 10 afternoons last year producing 6-8 follows and only on hook up. You have to be have crazy to fish this species but the end reward is worth it.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another proven method during these hot summer days is trolling,spoon plugs allows the angler to cover alot of water in a few hours often times we'll keep the pattern right in the prop wash with one rig and most often thats the rig that gets hit.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67