Crappie on Harmon Lake

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went fishing on Harmon Lake last week and caught quite a few small crappie (prob in the 9-10 inch range) on minnows. Was a great time fishing with my daughter but I wanted to catch bigger ones. They must exist in there as they have been releasing crappie for quite a few years now.

Anybody catch any larger crappie on that lake on a regular basis? How did you do it?

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went fishing on Harmon Lake last week and caught quite a few small crappie (prob in the 9-10 inch range) on minnows. Was a great time fishing with my daughter but I wanted to catch bigger ones. They must exist in there as they have been releasing crappie for quite a few years now.

Anybody catch any larger crappie on that lake on a regular basis? How did you do it?

You do realize that you aren't supposed to use live bait fish on that lake don't you? Unless you were using salted/frozen minnows....

I haven't caught any bigger than that yet out there.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure he meant minnow pattern flies :;:smokin

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry. They were dead/frozen minnows. Froze them after previous fishing trip on the river. They worked good though. Just pitched them on a small jig.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62