anyone own these binos?

walleyefisher_nd

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are great for the money! Ive got a pair that I've had for about a month and the big difference I notice between these and my $800 dollar pair from 10 years ago is how well you can look into shadows. Pretty amazing how far glass technology has come in such a short time!

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at getting a new pair of binos that are priced under $500. I've read the Vortex are a good brand. Anyone own these? Seems like a good deal. Reviews are mostly excellent.

http://www.scheels.com/shop/scheels-catalog/vortex-talon-hd-10x42-binocular-875874-tln-4210

I think these are a better deal. I have a pair and I compared them to everything in the store. The only thing I thought was better was Leica and Swarovski. I'd give them a serious look.

http://www.scheels.com/shop/scheels-catalog/BINOC-PARAGON-ED-105X45ROOF-750668-PARAGON-ED

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought a pair of them today... hopefully they workout! They seemed like some good glass in the store and looking down the hallway in the mall. Time will tell.

Shotstring

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used them last year and they are good glass for the money. That price is a pretty good deal. I have an older pair of Leupold Cascades, 2 Vortex Diamondbacks (10X42's and 12x50's) and the Talons blow them away. The cascades do have some scratches on them so that isn't a true comparison. Does anybody know who makes the Scheels brand binoculars?

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I used them last year and they are good glass for the money. That price is a pretty good deal. I have an older pair of Leupold Cascades, 2 Vortex Diamondbacks (10X42's and 12x50's) and the Talons blow them away. The cascades do have some scratches on them so that isn't a true comparison. Does anybody know who makes the Scheels brand binoculars?

China

- - - Updated - - -

i asked them one time when i was looking at their binos. Their answer was "china"

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
they should purge/seal binoculars with helium to make them lighter

3e83c03abf88d2e095cb702c30ed2f6d--cartoon-pics-cartoon-characters.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I so loved that loser...

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think carson makes the scheels optics now rumor is vortex will be making them in the future, thus the closeout deals on scheels brand now

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63