Roadside Zoo

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Working in Gillette Wyoming, it's crazy the amount of Muley and pronghorns just hanging out on the sides of the roads. Never seen so many potential backstraps for the taken. It would be so easy to pouch here with this much game at your disposal. Is this normal in the badlands of north and south Dakota as well?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wy. is a very interesting drive at night during the rut. By far, most mule deer I have ever seen in a six-hour night drive. Some of them really nice bucks

Last edited:

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember muttering the same thing to my self while driving between the big horns and gillete- deer everywhere on the side of the road. I wondering if that ditch grass offers the best grazing ( more moisture generated off impervious surface = better growth)?
Either way- 100% agree lunk.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All you need is a lance and do it medieval style. I remember those roads heading for Colorado elk hunting, you could door bang some really nice bucks. they would just stand there, some not even raising their heads.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
A couple of weeks ago took the bike from Laramie to Gillette Wy I covered most of Wy during the day seen a few pronghorn but 45 mins before dark outside of Gillette pronghorns and deer everwhere. That was the long 45 mins drive.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used to live in Grand Junction CO, the drive back to ND was always interesting! Especially when you turned to head north at rifle, through Meeker, Craig and Baggs Wy in the winter!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67