Pronghorn Results

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
I applied as a group with my son (0 points) to make sure I didn't get drawn. The plan worked to perfection and now I will have 8 points for next year when I can hunt :;:thumbsup

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
wife drew 4A with 5 points...ill be doing my tag in Wyoming late sept and her in oct! love it

samwell7mm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unsuccessful with 6 points...but did get a non-resident license in SD with 3 points though...

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing for me. I've got plenty of other tags this fall though to keep me busy.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't put in for a tag for 5 years straight and I STILL didn't get one!! What's up with that!!! We need a new system!!!!

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been denied in three states this year. North and South Dakota and montana
i also put in in sd and the next day had an email that I wasn't drawn. Crazy fast down there. Ndgf needs to take lessons from them.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I FINALLY drew a tag of any kind in ND in the last 4 years (except swan) now I just have to find someone to let me hunt there land. If any one has some leads for around bowman to Marmarth pm me. I want to take my 10 year old son. Will be his first big game experience. It may be a good year after all.

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of national grassland north of rhame and marmoth. Should be a good hunt

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man, 255 tags available after gratis and more than 8,700 apps... Just going off simple draw odds, that's less than 3% odds. Yikes.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
nope. 4 points. Explain to me why we are limited to one tag per person?

- - - Updated - - -

Explain why they have a one tag per hunter system for pronghorn

Because their population took a hell of a bigger hit than the deer population. There was a biological reason for limiting the tags the way they did. When (or if) the population gets back to where we can have a separate archery tag again, I'm betting the G&F will.

If the deer population gets to the point of having to be closed and no tags issued, then the 1 tag per person can certainly come into play. We are not at that point!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Because their population took a hell of a bigger hit than the deer population. There was a biological reason for limiting the tags the way they did. When (or if) the population gets back to where we can have a separate archery tag again, I'm betting the G&F will.

If the deer population gets to the point of having to be closed and no tags issued, then the 1 tag per person can certainly come into play. We are not at that point!

I agree that Limiting the tags would be a biological reason but limiting one tag per person has nothing to do with biology. That is the argument with deer why is it different with pronghorn?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree that Limiting the tags would be a biological reason but limiting one tag per person has nothing to do with biology. That is the argument with deer why is it different with pronghorn?
The range of a certain species, for one example. Population density per square mile in the state of North Dakota. Compare that of your beloved WT vs pronghorn. Then you have your answer of limiting the tag numbers for one versus the other. It is a biological reason. Pronghorns were/are pretty scarce compared to the early 2000's. less numbers = less tags.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep too bad I am south. Still should be a good hunt though

Achucker I had a tag down there 2 years ago and was never denied access. Get a plat book or go knock on doors. A lot of really great landowners down there that are more than willing to let you hunt.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Number of tags is biological. Number of tags per hunter is political. No one will disagree with that.

It's pretty obvious you're trying to fire up your argument of "if bowhunting doesn't have a significant effect on the population, why can't everyone get a pronghorn bow tag?"

Pronghorn are not deer. Conversely, deer are not pronghorn. Your tired-ass argument works even worse with pronghorn than it does with deer. I could get into the factors, which include animal behavior, range, population dynamics, hunter effort, etc., but you'll just stomp your feet and stick out your lip, pouting about how all the archers have it better than you.

And keep it up with the name calling and negative rep pal. I need a good cry once in a while, and your very clever wordplay and stinging insults are just what I need to get the tears flowing.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
And obviously pronghorn has always been traditionally a one tag per person per year...oh wait only since the mass die off. If deer tags ever hit 10,000 to 20,000 then you will likely see a one tag system but to do it just to stroke someone's ego would be stupid.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76